Electrical & Lights Hazard light (+hello)

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by Ben28, Sunday 11th May, 2014.

1. Ben28 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Ben Shetland
    Hello all
    Nice forum your got here!

Bought a 3rd hand 2.2 FR-V last august to replace my pug 407 2.0hdi (never getting a peugeot again)

So far so good, added HID's, led cabin lights, DRLs, oil change last week.... Got her at 74k now done 83k paid £7k

Something which is really bugging me- does the red hazard warning button on the dash have a light in it when the side lights are on / flash when pressed? When driving at night the button is invisible, have I got a blown bulb or did honda overlook this?

1 last thing, I have a very squeaky clutch which seems to be coming from inside the cabin - feels like the spring return.... No vibration through the pedal. Anyone got a link for me?

Thanks in advance for any help

Ben image.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Hi Ben, welcome to HK :Hey:

Going by this diagram, there is a bulb in the hazard switch (marked item 5), part number 35850SJD003 (35856-SYY-003)

B__1111.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

4. Ben28 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks! So as I look in the footwell, I need to put this stuff on the silver bar that pushes from the pedal into the bulkhead? I'm not very mechy....
    Thanks for those diagrams I'll pull it apart tomorrow
    :Whoosh:

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

That's right on the rod, that picture is from an Accord but you'll see the same kind of thing on the FR-V.

Why don't you post some pics of your car in the "garage section" of this site :Smile:

6. Ben28 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

You mean like a here's my car thing? Will do :Smile:

Just checking out that diagram, looks like the screws holding the button assy are out in from the back could be. A bugga. We'll see .

7. Ben28 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

*put in from the back, as in will be a bugger to get out with the dash installed in the car

8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

9. Ben28 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Fitting the drops was a bit tricky.
    The under bonnet fuses seem to stay on after ign off, except #31, 7.5amp "front wiper as". This worked as expected except cut power to the DRLs when the wiper motor was engaged.
    There is a smaller fuse box next to the main one, I found a good switched live to on of the relays. That small fuse box isn't mentioned in the manual, any idea what it's for? Will get a pic tomorrow if needed.

It only has a 7.5a fuse and 2x relays

10. Ben28 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Auto correct.... Drops =. DRLs
    Your a super star RE removal guide!!!!

11. Ben28 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Couple of pics of the small fuse box :

image. image. image.

12. Ben28 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Anyway, back on topic
    I got the switch assy out today and it looks like there should be 2x bulbs inside but only 1 was there. I swapped it over into the other hole and fitted everything back together.... no joy.

does anyone know the common name for these bulbs so I can try ebay as Lings Honda want £4.30 going of the p/n given above
    Honda Parts Search | Genuine Honda Parts | Honda Cars | Honda Motorcycles | Honda Power Products | Lings Honda

Or a good cheaper website to get stuff like this?

PS. In the absence of molykote I sprayed WD40 on the rod as a temp. measure. so far so good will try to find some MK

IMG_1452.JPG

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You can get the same LED at Maplins in packs of 20 I think.

14. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome to HK Ben. :Hey:

15. Ben28 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks bud. Really liking the atmosphere.

16. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome dude.

Ben28 likes this.
  17. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Hi @Ben28,
    You've come to the right place for all things Honda, and will get responses for your various issues.

If you get chance, why not say hello via 'Introduce Yourself' on the 'Community' tab ?
    For now though, welcome to HK :Hey:

Ichiban likes this.