Electrical & Lights Hazard warning button

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Ray Ambrose, Saturday 6th Oct, 2012.

1. Ray Ambrose Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Ray Cambridge
    Just a question to you Accord owners. At night when your lights are on..Is your Hazard Button Illuminated?. I ask because the other day, a dark moonless night I was going along a dark country lane, when I noticed a cow directly ahead. Trouble was I had a large lorry behind me, and I went for my Hazard light button. Couldn't see it. It wasn't illuminated.. The rest of the dash was like Blackpool illuminations, every button glowing except the hazard warning button. I know the button is big and red, and in the center of the console, but in absolute darkness I couldn't see it. Can you check your button in the darkness and tell me if it is illuminated. Might just be a bulb gone, but my local Honda garage haven't got back to me about whether it should be lit up
    , so I would appreciate if you could check yours at night..Thanks...

Last edited: Saturday 6th Oct, 2012
  2. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yes it is illuminated mate.

Check the corresponding fuse(s) first, could be that. If not, it may well be that the bulb is fried. :Thumbup:

Ichiban likes this.
  3. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Rokas Bristol, UK
    I've got 7th Generation Accord and hazard button is illuminated.

4. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Almost definitely the bulb.

5. Ray Ambrose Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Errrmmmm, had my Honda Accord serviced and MOT and Honda inform me that the button isn't illuminated. Great, just what you want on a dark moonless night, with no street lights, Its impossible to see. I know it's big and red, but it's invisible amongst the lit buttons on the dash in pitch blackness

6. Ray Ambrose Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hmmm, Just had the Honda Garage tell me that the button isn't illuminated...Strange..

7. Elkingyboy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

My button is illuminated on my Gen7 Sport.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Unfortunately the person who told you this is incorrect,if you had spoken to the parts department they would have showed you this image. Part item 19 in the image shows a small LED.:Thumbup:

EX_GT_Accord_ Centre Dash.

9. Ray Ambrose Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for that great info. Can now go to Honda armed with a diagram...Thanks Ichiban...

Ichiban likes this.
  10. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

With a dealer that stupid, I wouldn't be using them again, thats for sure.

There is NO car maker that I know of that does NOT have that button illuminated. I may be wrong, but am sure there is an EU directive which since, the dawn of time, has made that switch illumination mandatory.

Find another Honda dealer and steer clear of those muppets. Name and shame them too.

intruder likes this.
  11. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yep button is defo illuminated, glows red at night

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Ray

The only reason why the dealer would have said the button does glow is it a difficult job to remove the console without damaging it . it takes time and patience and if I knew better this person has attempted it before and damaged a customers dash.

so what ever you do take your time to get the panel off. I would mask the entire area with masking tape and use the right trim removal kit rather than flat head screwdrivers.

13. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

On my car is not illuminated whether is on or off.

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The illumination is not so intense that you will spot it easily its a warm backlit intensity. you have to look carefully to spot it

Check in the night with the parking lights on, if you got nothing then we have a duff LED.

15. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I will have a look tonight again but am 99% sure it doesn't illuminate.
    Drove car last night and couldn't see it.

16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    By law they have to illuminate bud

17. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hey bud
    Definitely not illuminating,tried it with lights on,actual button on off.
    Nothing works,it doesn't illuminate at all.

18. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  19. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well another one for Steve to scratch his head with.

20. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    There you go definitive proof, just taken the car around the block and it does work.

Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 22nd Feb, 2014