Electrical & Lights HDS faults (DTC or OBD)

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by jamanek, Wednesday 16th Apr, 2014.

1. jamanek Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Tom Basingstoke
    Hi!!
    Few weeks ago i bought HDS Clone from china:Grin: works perfect, when I want check faults DTC screen is empty

View image: yjypaga3

yjypaga3.

but OBD STATUS is full of codes

View image: 4avugy6y

4avugy6y.

anyone can explain me why it is like that?? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Wednesday 16th Apr, 2014
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I will be to the point so apologies if this come across abrupt. You got to be (Swear) kidding me I have never ever seen so many DTC on a petrol car EVER!!!:SOS::ShelfShoot:

Your HDS is lying or your car is running like a dog on its last legs. Right to kick off proceedings this can be a LONG post!

1) VTC your oil in your engine is well past it or its never been serviced regularly the oil has basically jammed the soleniod. It needs a clean Read up on this Engine & Gearbox - 7th Generation Petrol K20 with a jammed VTC oil control solenoid valve
    2) Do a data capture to see your lamda readings on the 02 sensor by the looks of it your heater element has failed its found after cat.
    3) Misfire on cylinders mean your valve clearance are goosed .. it has to be the poor engine oil frequency which has lead to this situation! It need proper valve clearance by the book. Do a data capture to see what type of misfire it is to confirm
    4) potentially your timing chain is stretched

The rest we will tackle when you take care of the 4 points. Completely and utterly shocked at that :Epic Fail:

4. jamanek Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Tom Basingstoke
    If You look on 1st screen DTC is empty no faults at all. Pass DTC test without any faults. Always use good and "correct" oil 5w30/40 been checked in service history. Valve clearance been done month ago with instruction. VTEC passed HDS test kick in in around 4k. My question is why DTC is empty but OBD is full of codes. Is any chance to delete them?

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yes I have seen the first image .. you can easily get that report if you remove the DTC's that is relativity easy. if you are saying your car is running ok and maintained to a good standard then the final check you can do is health check report..? The White cross on a red background icon and you need to do a data capture. can you post that on here please.

As to why its reporting that only god or Chinese cloners can answer that bud.

6. jamanek Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Tom Basingstoke
    Ok will do when back to England (in next week). Last weekend done 1100 miles in one go without any problems. Your first post scared me, almost sh...t myself:Grin:.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    So did your images bud..:Messed: Additionally what version of cloned HDS software are you running?

8. jamanek Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Tom Basingstoke
    Got no access ATM but 2.0.....as I remember

9. jamanek Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Tom Basingstoke
    I think You know HDS quite well, that screen with red and green dots with all parameters looked also fine VTEC O2 sensors etc. Moth ago past MOT and emission test.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    what after the 2 is important bit buddy! it will be in this format when HDS loads. if you have a HDS version before that code, that HDS/HIM clone is worthless and in my opinion not to be trusted.
    HDS Main Screen2.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  12. jamanek Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Tom Basingstoke
    Sorted 2.018.013.usa.win32

13. jamanek Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Tom Basingstoke
    But any time can change to ENG Europe version

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    so you got the yank version, If you can get a European HDS code to work it will be better, but these clones HIM's are tied in to the HDS supplied with . You will find you can't update the HDS as the EPROM is not rewritable like the genuine thing :Wink: that is why they are cheap bud.