ICE & HFT Head units?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Kris81, Friday 3rd Apr, 2015.

1. Kris81 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Any body used or have one of these?

Screenshot_2015-04-03-12-14-35.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    It has been discussed on the forum before I'm sure.

3. Kris81 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Cool, I'll do a search when I get abit more time

4. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    Based on the replies I got on my double din head unit people seem to think they are laggy and generally poor quality.

From what I've read and learnt from internet research the Parrot Asteroid Smart appears to be the best android based head unit. This can be mounted via a fitting kit in front of the gearstick.

5. richb87 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom richard rhyl
    I think that's an official Honda one so should be good, I have no experience with them though.
    I think the price of them is a bit steep so I'm putting my double din Kenwood unit in the cubard bit like this one

6. Kris81 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

It's not an original honda one, it's just made to look stock, which is what I like about it.

I know the double din is the easiest way to go, but I already have sat nav that isn't working due to 1 of a number of reasons that I just haven't got the interest to figure out! As they seem to go wrong regularly.

I don't fancy to double din screens in the one dash.

7. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    If you review those headunits, you will see them riddled with problems and wired quite badly. They only work for petrol Accords as well due to them blowing the A/C compressor on diesels due to poor design and wiring - that should tell you something about how its made

8. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    It's a pity because it would be a good way of updating the old stereo / sat nav.