Electrical & Lights Headlamp de-tango'ing?

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by black-hawk, Saturday 1st Dec, 2012.

1. black-hawk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Has anyone removed the amber sections from their front headlamps? I think it'll look fresher without them, this was a popular mod with Impreza's (my last car :Sobbing:)

2. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Go for it bud no one has attempted it.I really don't know if the amber bit is removable or it part of the headlight lens.

4. black-hawk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I did it to a mates "Blob eye" Impreza, removed lamps, removed fixing screws, baked in oven at about 100deg for a few mins and they came apart ok, then removed the amber section and painted the backing black, then put them back together, job done and it does look very affective, i may give it a go on the accord along with some other bits and peices, i'll post the results.

intruder likes this.
  5. brock Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hants
    They are probably expensive but you could check out the current Type-S's headlights. They are clear without the amber inserts.

6. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I believe the Type-S headlights are specifically for OEM HIDs and self levelling, so they may not be strictly compatible unless you have OEM HIDs - I enquired about these lights a while back, and lets just say my car insurance for the year is a LOT cheaper than buying clear lensed Type-S headlights!

Depends on the colour of your car as well - as mine is Crystal Black Pearl,the orange indicators add a nice bit of a break to the black colour across the car so I don't mind them. Its on lighter coloured cars like Silver etc, that the orange lenses look a bit crap.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

Please do I will be looking forward to that!