Electrical & Lights Headlght settings - France

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by G12, Saturday 12th Apr, 2014.

1. G12 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Penryn
    Hi guys,

I'm heading over to France from the UK in 3 weeks time. My last car had the ability to change the headlights over to the correct side by flicking a little lever on the headlight itself. I can't find any reference to this in the car manual though and was wondering if it is possible. I have an 8th Generation without HID's....

Has anyone done this or have I got to go and stick bits of tape all over the front of the lights to black out the kerb spotters? It MUST be possible surely!?

G.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  3. G12 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Penryn
    D'oh, didn't spot that one.... feel free to delete my post.... Thanks for the link. Looks like it's tape then!

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I will link it later bud. don't worry search for stuff like this again :Niceone:

5. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Not sure whether this is of any help - but when I was in the south of France with the CR-V last summer with HIDs), I didnt use any stickers etc. Never had an issue either.

(That aside, screw Europe!) :lol:

steve4536 likes this.
  6. steve4536 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I reckon all the UKIP voters on here will agree with that sentiment :Laughing:

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Tut tut, no comments on race/origin on the forum please guys :Tongue:

8. Julianp Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Paris
    Not using any deflectors isn't very considerate to other road users as your lights will dazzle them. You can either use tape or buy deflectors on the ferry.

9. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I agree with you, but would also state that there are many European drivers in the UK who are just as inconsiderate. Appreciate that two wrongs do not make a right, its just my observation.

10. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    My mother and are other half are on and off the continent several times a year with various British cars, they just put stickers on the headlights to stop the light spreading too far over.