Electrical & Lights Headlight beam height adjuster

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by simonp101, Monday 23rd Mar, 2015.

1. simonp101 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Guys,

Just a very quick question regarding the headlight beam height adjuster to the right of the steering wheel. Is it meant to be illuminated? I'm pretty sure it is as I am sure I have been able to see it at night and adjust as necessary however recently I have noticed that I can't see it at night and the bulb inside may have blown.

Sounds daft as I'm 99% sure it should be illuminated however I just want to be 100% sure before I take to eBay for a replacement. The adjustment is working fine.

Thanks in advance.

Simon

2. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Yes it should be lit.

3. simonp101 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Fantastic, thanks Paul. I will get on eBay and sort one now. Just wanted to be 100% sure.

4. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    The switch bulbs can be bought for a couple of quid from Honda themselves, might be worth checking with your local dealer. At least then you know you are getting the right amperage etc rather than an ebay special

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  6. simonp101 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the info guys. Based on your advise I'll replace the bulb via Honda rather than the whole switch via eBay. Should be cheaper and there isn't anything wrong with the switch. There is also the risk the secondhand switch has a blown bulb anyway.

Thanks again.

Nighthawk likes this.