Electrical & Lights Headlight bulbs - Again :(

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Dave, Sunday 2nd Dec, 2012.

1. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Turned headlights on tonight and not a sausage, both bulbs blown at same time :Frown: Thats 3 sets of bulbs in just over 2 years and the car spends mon-fri parked up doing nothing I'd hate to think what it'd be like if it was used everyday!

2. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    I am sorry to hear your woes..

I have this with my fog lights In the one week we have had fog bad enough to use them I have blown 3 bulbs!

In with Honda tomorrow to try and sort along with radio interfering rear screen demister issue.

3. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    I have experienced this for last 3yrs no matter what bulb I have used I'm lucky to get 2wks out of it been into Honda, local independent and everything fine so just buy of eBay 50p a bulb

4. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Honda checked out my foglights for me. They are corroded which you would expect on a car of this age however they feel needs to be replaced...

If that then does not sort my problem it will need a new engine bay wiring harness...

I suspect not... That would cost..

5. ACC-CDI-2T Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Cologne
    @ Dave

.. some years ago, my Accord ate headlight bulbs like cows straw as well :Blink: until I tried those: (dead link removed by staff) never had any problems any more ... :Smile::Smile::Wave:

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 15th Feb, 2015
    Primarycare and Ichiban like this.
  6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Dave you may want to get the battery and the alternator checked mate additionally check all the main earth points in the engine are securely held and making good contact .

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thank you worth bearing in mind

8. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I had noticed my headlights getting dimmer.

Back in around July this year I fitted 2 Ring Ultra +120%.

I took them out and can see why...

Ring Ultra 120%1. Ring Ultra 12%.

I have replaced them with some Philips which I have used in the past. Also fired off an email to Ring as I do not see why with less than around a 100 hours ish of use they would go like this.

9. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Some bulbs do tend to be more sensitive in certain cars. A previous car of mine developed a problem blowing bulbs after a front impact, resistance in the wiring was checked and all was fine but it kept blowing a bulb every 3 months. I was using bulbs which had a blue tint on them like above, or described as 'ICE white' that gave a brighter light. Someone suggested to me to try standard bulbs instead which weren't blue or 'ICE white' as the others were more sensitive and prone to blowing. I put standard bulbs in and the car never blew a bulb again. It must be something to do with them forcing a brighter light out of the bulb which makes it more sensitive.

10. AccordEZJ Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

headlight bulb keeps blowing

Hi all

Today is the 8th headlight bulb I've replaced in the past 2 months, its allways the passenger side, I've tried expensive bulbs, bulbs from Honda & cheap bulbs none seem to last....help

Worst one today...changed bulb, went petrol station filled up came back home, bulb blown....

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    topic merged as already been discussed :Wink:

12. declanswan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sunday, changed passenger side buld for the first time in about 2 months, monday changed it again and tonight, just gone again !!!! Its a joke. I know 2 lads with Accords that are taxis and there the same. Surely theres a problem occuring here and honda should know about it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I sympathise
    I had two go ok they were 120% ring bulbs but same power. they just burnt out i replaced with stock from Honda and bought 4 cos you never know! i have one left they to have burnt out the mettle part looks to be getting to how it does from seek silver to data petrol blue I don't get it either I semi expected mechanic pros as the car was not brad new who purchased but most of mh woe is electronic
    will have to run it in again to Honda at some point record to many German parts..

14. AlexD333 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Silly question, I might be barking up the wrong tree, have you had the headlight recall done? I don't know what this entails but I know my accord is due this (getting it done tomorrow)
    Apparently its quite an easy recall and doesent take a whole heap of time. If its left too late the units have to be replaced so I've been told.

15. declanswan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Didnt know about the recall ?

16. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I asked my dealer in Northampton and they insist there is no recalls on the 7th Generation headlights. I seem to recall there was something re misting?

17. declanswan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Changed fuses and noticed a differance !!! Fingers crossed.

18. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    so someone put a higher rated fuse to minimise blow outs what was the fuse size used?

19. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If it was a small increase in fuse size you should be fine but just keep an eye on the wires. If the fuse won't trip out due the the increase in amp and there is a problem still, the cables will heat up instead. Id just feel the cables after the lights have been on a while.

20. declanswan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Changed for standard 10 amp ??