Electrical & Lights Headlight Lend restoration kits

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by jcalvarez, Sunday 2nd Oct, 2016.

1. jcalvarez Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Jose Dunfermline
    Hi,

I was just sick of my yellowish headlight lenses on my car, decided to try the 3M kit, here is the result:
    Before and after pics below:
    IMG_1503.JPG
    IMG_1506.JPG
    Was scared shitless in the middle of the procedure, it all looked bad, but at the end the result was ok, looks much cleaner than it was.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Err, lens, not lends :Smile:

i-DSI likes this.
  2. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    We had the same issue on my wife's 9 year old Civic FK1. Not as bad as with your Accord.
    Just want to say: it also worked out fine with some simple, basic polish for the paintwork.
    Afterwards I even applied it to my Accord, and was able to remove about 90% of the small scratches and dirt on my headlight.

3. dynacord New Member Getting Started

Bulgaria Alex Sofia
    Well done. I guess you would need a protection film now, since once a headlight has been polished, it would fade much quicker if not protected.

4. AccordMavman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom James Cheshire
    I guess this depends on the kit that's been used. I've not used the 3M kit before, but I did use an equivalent Turtle Wax kit on my 6th Generation which worked really well. This did come with a sealant wipe to complete the job, and the lenses stayed clear for the remaining 2 years I kept her for. Was a sealant wipe provided with the 3M kit?

5. jcalvarez Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Jose Dunfermline
    I forgot to mention, I used this surface sealant:

The 3M kit does not include a sealant, just the final polish paste.