Electrical & Lights Headlight washer don't work

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Ichiban, Thursday 10th Nov, 2011.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Winter is here and we will soon start to use our headlight washers a bit more.When you come to use it the headlight washer does not work? things to look out for

Washer bottle level :-if the level is too low the headlight washers stop working but still continues to provide fluid to the windscreen. The headlight washers work off fluid pressure and and not electric motors .There are two motors in the reservoir ,one of them provided the headlight washers. This pressure lifts and squirt fluid on the headlights.

• Get winter washer fluid concentrate or premix filled into your washer bottle to the maximum level
    • Try using the head light washers with the headlights turned on

If they still don't work lift the head washer with your hands and clean the shaft of any debris or grime. using a soft brush clean it thoroughly .Honda did have a new modified headlight washer with grove and slot on the shaft so the grime could be drained.

Since all 7th Generation cars are out of standard warranty you may not applicable for this modified headlight washer, just ensure regular cleaning and this issue won't bother you.

Last edited: Thursday 8th Jan, 2015
  2. Sphinx Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Headlamp Washer Sticking

Hi

When the headlamp wash activates, the passenger side one doesn't go all the way down. I have to manually lift it up and push it down. It is definitely catching on something. Feel more loose than the drivers side. I can actually lift up the headlamp washer with my fingers, the drivers side one is tighter and doesn't budge.

Tried spraying some WD40 but it made no difference.

Is it an easy fix?

Thanks

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thread merged , try lifting both headlight washers by hand and give them a proper clean out with a soft brush.

4. Sphinx Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi, tried cleaning with the brush - but problem still remains.

Will I have to take the bumper off?

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    So both are not working and how much fluid do you have in the washer bottle?

Additionally do you use screen wash or just plain water, the ones with plain water are known to block up with sediments and calcium sediment causing blockage.

It may be your washer bottle has clogged the screen wash motor.

6. Sphinx Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for quick reply.

Drivers side is working fine - I only use diluted screen wash.

Passenger side does pop up and spray the light, but the washer then doesn't go back down. You have to manually push it back down again.

Even when you have pushed it back down, you can easily pop it back up again with you hands. Seems like there is no resistance.

7. Nav Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Headlight Waher

i tried to use my headlight washer..it works fine on the driver side but the passenger side doesn't seem working...i mean it works, as it squirt the liquid out but it does not actuate out, so it just squirts behind the bumper...
    Any ideas what the reason could be....the more i try getting the car in good shape more and more problems keep poping up...

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  9. Nav Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Re: Headlight Waher

Sorry mate... i will definitely will search thoroughly next time...
    well i try to pull the washer out.. and found out the outer cover thing was glued in.. after removing all the glue it started working.. so now i have to find a way to replace that ...

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Headlight Waher

Glued in !!! What the previous owner been upto !!! Glad you have sorted it . Was your car a taxi before it has all the hallmarks of being one.

11. Nav Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Re: Headlight Waher

i have no idea...but saying that i glued it too.. but a much more perfect job... and now it works perfect.. i need to look for a replacement part till then its the glue to hold it up..
    i heard that nozzle thing cost £120.00 thas crazy price.. it works fine its just the two mating part on the nozzle is broken, so can't bolt them in..
    so need a nozzle.. need to ask some breakers..hmm..

12. indigoblue Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

A similar issue I had was due to a windscreen replacement. The fitter crimped the water hose with one of the engine bay trims which knocked out all the washer jets, made harder to track as you couldn't hear the pump either so it looked like a pump failure. An MOT the day after the windscreen replacement highlighted the problem and made it easier to track the cause.

13. philipjag New Member Getting Started

the windscreen washers won't work

I have the Accord Tourer 2003 the washers only work on the headlights. I've cleared the jets but no change and discovered the pumps work if directly connected to a battery. Where should I start.
    Any ideas would be very much appreciated.
    Thanks, Philip.

14. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Re: the windscreen washers won't work

That's an odd one !!

I assume there is no live feed coming to the pump that drives the windscreen washers. So sounds like it could be a switch issue or wiring issue.

I don't know if there is a circuit involved. Maybe CJ can dig up a wiring diagram, that will help determine what needs testing etc.

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Re: the windscreen washers won't work

How much fluid is in your Washer Bootle if it low it won't the headlight washers won't work.