General Headlights

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dan_henderson86, Sunday 16th Aug, 2015.

1. Dan_henderson86 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Dano Darwen
    just wondering if all the headlights are the same shape and fitting on all the seventh generation Civics. I'm after changing the lights on my vision to the Type-R lights.

Attached Files:

2. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    I would imagine they are the same, those are facelift lights too, but wait for someone to confirm.

Only thing I would be wary about is whether those Type-R lights used HID's in which case it won't be a straight swap.

Last edited: Sunday 16th Aug, 2015
  3. Dan_henderson86 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cheers for the info. Im waiting on a HID kit to arrive but I've noticed that the Type-R lights are two separate bulbs for high and low bean were as my lights are just one bulb for both (h4). So I'd have to re order a new set HID's

4. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Only the JDM Type'R had HID headlamps. The UK models had normal halogen bulbs.

The facelift lamps physical fit, but the bulb holders required are different and you will need to hardwire them on to the original loom.

Nels and exec like this.
  5. Dan_henderson86 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ah so more hassle than what it's worth. Cheers

6. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    What about the lights from the 'Sport' model? Or are the exactly the same as Type-R lights?

7. Dan_henderson86 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I shall give them a look. Just don't like the silver background. Prefer a black background :Smile:

8. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Can you not dissassemble them and spray the silver parts black.
    A friend and I did that a while ago with some headlights on an Astra, we put the headlights in the oven for 10-15 mins to heat the lens and silicone up enough so that the lens could be prised off.

9. Dan_henderson86 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I did that with a purgeot I had a few years ago but on the fog lights. Tried the headlights but couldn't get the lights to un-stick. Ended up making a mess, so don't want to risk doing that again. On the other hand if someone on this site is professional at doing it then I'm willing to give a small token hahaha

10. Dan_henderson86 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ok I've just installed my HID lights. Now I just need to adjust the hight. Does anyone know the legal hight they need to be set at. For some reason I have knee hight ( on a level surface )

11. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

12. Dan_henderson86 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thank you Harvey, it's a huge help :Smile:

Harvey likes this.