Bikes Healtech Honda OBD-H01 Diagnostic Tool

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & ATV' started by Ichiban, Thursday 30th Apr, 2015.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    A couple of weekends ago I had checked the valve clearance on my bike and with nearly all the sensor unplugged in the engine, I would have expected a few errors to be recorded on the ECM. The valve clearance were spot on without the need for any shims.On completion bike fired up no issues and no MIL were on the dash but I knew DTC's would be logged on the ECM.So to put my OCD to bed I got hold of this Healtech kit. I ideally I would have loved to get hold of a Honda pocket HDS reader but can't seem to get hold of them even from my Honda contacts but the hunt for that still continues.

As the saying goes great things come in small packages well this kit is really tiny and with life time software updates bundled in what not to like.

The outerbox itself is small measuring 177 x 160 x 43 mm (7 x 6.3 x 1.7 inches) and the reader a tiny 57 x 34 x 14 mm (2.3 x 1.3 x 0.5 inches)

IMG_2868.JPG

The reader

Held on the outer lip of the laptop with a Velcro strap which is included in the kit.
    IMG_2877.JPG IMG_2872.JPG

The Honda OBD connector.

IMG_2871.JPG

The content of the box
    IMG_2869.JPG IMG_2870.JPG

also included are software, stickers Velcro straps for the reader.

Install on my Windows 7 laptop was straight forward infact so seemless it's the best I have ever seem on any kit ever period!. The software install was a few clicks then immediately picked up there was a newer version which was downloaded automatically and installed.On inserting the USB cable it sensed the firmware was down level and it upgraded the firmware codes all within five minutes.

Now to the bike.

Remove the lower panel which hides the DLC loom

IMG_2873.JPG IMG_2875.JPG

The DLC is the red block with a dust cap remove the cap and inset the Healtech female connector. Get the bike key in and turn the ignition on with the kill switch set to on. Click connect on the OBD software and you are in.. simple as that

IMG_2876.JPG HealTech OBD.

On the scan it found a old DTC which I expected and was cleared with no issues.

Healtech.PNG

Really happy with the kit and it covers nearly all Honda motorcycles I am sorted.

2. ricksmith Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Nice bit of kit cj....
    Rick

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I am pretty happy with it mate. I don't have to be dependant on Honda dealers for code reading anymore or 90 quid a hit each time. I have tested a few other bikes tonight a mates VFR800 VTEC a CBR600RR and fireblade and all of were perfect. I had the mickey taken out with mine but I will wipe them on twisty road at IOM next month. My bike is light and quick