Electrical & Lights Heated seats

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by valhalla, Wednesday 16th Dec, 2015.

1. valhalla New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Danny manchester
    Hi guys, sorry if this it the dumbest question you come across today...

Heated seats? how do they work... sometimes they heat up and sometimes they don't? do i just need to flick the switched on high/low or do i need the fan heating on for them to work?

they seem to only get hot after about 1 hour of driving

Only just got the car last week and i must say its one of the comfiest things i have driven in a while.

sorry for the daft question

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Danny what spec is your Accord and does it have seat heats buttons ? as shown below?

$_57.JPG

3. Pilot Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Daniel London
    Yes I think he does since he says high-low and those are the buttons.

I got my Accord not too long ago, and from what I noticed, when I press high, it seems like the seats are never at steady hot...they are sort of on and off it seems...like when it gets hot, it seems to cool down for a bit before it heats it up again...basically the heat is not constant. But I think it shouldn't take more than 5-10 minutes for you to get the full heat.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    There is a thermostat which cuts in from the leather burning and draining the battery, So it will come on and off its designed to do that as leather tends to retain heats whilst you sat on it.

5. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Brett Bristol
    As CJ said on high the heat will cut in and out.
    I find the best way to keep a nice heat is set to high until warm and then set to low.