General Heated seats

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AccordCU2, Friday 22nd Nov, 2013.

1. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

How many of you use heated seats now weather is getting colder?
    I love it and with my bad back its really nice when upper part of the seat get nice and worm.
    I switch it on high and when seats get nice and hot switch it to low and enjoy.Really good feature to have in the car especially for an old fart like me :lol:

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I haven't got heated seats as standard on mine, but I do have seats from the Exec level trim. Wonder if they have the heating element built in to them?

3. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Think they well might have.My previous Accord was 2006 EX model and had heated seats.

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Well I wonder if I could go about a full retrofit? I'd need to source the switches, and cut into my existing gear level surround to fit them mind. Hopefully CJ will pipe-in with a yay or nay.

5. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Probably too much hassle mate, you'd need the switches, relays and your loom wouldn't accommodate the wiring.

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Are bespoke looms used for each trim level then? Relay/fuses I don't see as much of an issue. I'm considering buying an Exec-trim breaker next year for spares.

7. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Years ago most cars had the same loom regardless of trim, it was easy to add extras.
    These days the loom is made to the spec of the car.

8. Ray Ambrose Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Ray Cambridge
    My wife complains heated seats make her feel ill. A freezing cold day yet her back and legs warm, while everything else is cold.....Women....

9. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Rokas Bristol, UK
    I doubt is it a good feature for men, as you getting warm in there, then going out to the cold winter weather... Your prostate might not like it!

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    YOU what ? How many pints have you had boyo?:lol:

11. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Rokas Bristol, UK
    :lol: I've heard this somewhere! Don't know how much truth in this. I've never had any problems with prostate personally.

12. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I use them everyday these days, they warm up quicker than the cabin does.

DD, check the wiring diagram for heated seats, I recon it'll be a bit of a ball ache but should be doable, it's a good mod I recon.

13. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Best feature ever invented. Heated seats are great especially with a weasel that takes years for the engine to warm up.

14. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Aye I can definitely feel the benefits, cold leather under my bum is a little annoying with our current weather.

U8S0RDI.

I'll check to see if I have the heating component (part. 10) built-into my seats before going any further.

15. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^I agree. I can take or leave satnav, leather seats, voice control (actually, I WILL leave that if I can, the answer to a question that nobody asked)...but heated seats are a must have for me now. Even had them as an option on my MINI.

16. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    This is the first car I've owned with heated seats and I think they're brilliant, I do find high a bit too toastie though, maybe it's not cold enough yet.

17. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Same here Zoran, as soon as the heater goes on in this weather so do the seat heaters, high to warm them up quick then low is nice and comfortable.

I think they'd have more of an effect on piles than a prostate. lol