Electrical & Lights Heater blower motor removal.

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by Harvey, Monday 12th Jan, 2015.

1. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hey guys,
    has anyone removed the heather blower motor on their 6th Generation, as I'd like to know what is involved. Is it easy to get to or hard to get at, had a look on Lings and it seems fairly easy, however thats just a parts breakdown.

reason I ask is that mine has developed a squeak/noise, and I'd like to investigate what is causing it, whether its leaves for the noise or a bushing or bearing in need of a little bit of lubrication, or the whole thing being replaced.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I'd imagine removing the blower would be massive job.

If you remove the pollen filter (I think we have a guide for this), you should able to vacuum in there and suck out any debri/leaves stuck in the motor.

3. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

@SpeedyGee it may be, but as it looks on lings, it looks right next to the polen filter, is tjree screws and drops into passenger footwell, no need to remove the dash, but thats in theory.

4. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Looking at the ESM, doesn't seem massively hard but you need to take AC EVAP out, the passenger airbag unit and then get the blower unit out.

5. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

When I get a chance in daylight , I'll stick me head under the dash and see what is what, hopefully its an easy job, and with my A/C not working at the moment, I tthink down to condenser leak, it wouldn't cause any or many problems to the A/C