Facelift Model Heater warm up

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Paul, Wednesday 7th Dec, 2011.

1. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I bought my car in March earlier this year so haven't really had much use of it in cold temperatures. Over the last week (with lower temps) I've noticed that If I drive carefully off turbo I can get to work 14 miles and the car still hasn't got to temperature (and the heater is aired). If I drive with the turbo spinning the car gets to temp and the heater gets warm. Only problem then though is if I drive steady again the heater goes cooler (also if stationery in traffic).

Does this sound normal or could the thermostat by on it's way out? Are there any easy ways of checking?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I vaguely recall a couple of year a ago another CN1 owner had this issue and Holdcroft traced it down to heater valve cable adjustment was out of spec.

It was case of taking the slack out of the cable ensure the valve was closing and open correctly, I am sure beefy can enlighten you when he surfaces. Also worthwhile testing your coolants life, http://www.whiterosetools.com/Silverline-460mm-Anti-Freeze-Coolant-Tester_AZVTH.aspx .if its pass it life then it not effectively working.

3. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It's booked in with Holdcroft on the 29th for a service so will ask them to take a look as well.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    29th I may nip down too as I have a meting with the lads anyway.

5. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Jump in if you want mate.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    might as well petrol is expensive these days take advantage of the diesel fuel economy.

7. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Cool. Should do it on a couple of gallon for the journey :cool: