HVAC heating system

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by yam yam, Saturday 26th Jul, 2014.

1. yam yam Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

yam yam
    Hi peeps,
    i've got a 2007 accord diesel tourer. The problem is with the air temperature comin out of the drivers side vents. When the air con is on and set to its lowest temperature the air coming out the drivers vents is warmer than the passengers side. Its most noticeable out of the centre face vents either side of the hazard lights switch. It does not matter if you use the "dual" button or not. I've had a look through the forum for this but can't see anything. So is this a fault or is it a characteristic of the car. As anyone else come across this??

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

2004 diesel saloon: Both centre vents are the same and cold, depending on climate settings

3. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi yamyam this is common when the refrigerant is getting low but it is only really noticeable when the outside temp gets above 20+. Ring a few places for the air con re gas I believe Halfords were offering it at £34.99 I was gutted as I'd just paid ATS £44.99, although they did also use a can of cleaner that kills bacteria and makes the car smell nice so maybe worth asking Halfords if they do this too. PS welcome to the club :Drinks:

yam yam and Nels like this.
  4. yam yam Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

yam yam
    hi guys, thanks for the welcome. So the vents should blow same temp when on coldest setting which means i do have a problem. The aircon does need re-gassing, i've not had it done since i bought the car 2yrs ago, and its not as cold as it used to be so will go down that route before i start blaming things in the dashboard. Halfords website (27/7/14) are currently offering a regas at £44.10 which is discounted by 10% or £62.10 with an anti-bacterial cleaner, Ats are at £44.99 for a re-gas or £55 with the cleaner. Looking on ebay i've found a mobile guy called roadchill*air*con for £40, based in solihull doing a 15mile radius from his address, (thats 708 square miles he covers lol)
    I will get it re-gassed and let you guys know if its cured the fault.

5. yam yam Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

yam yam
    just to let you guys know that the temperature coming out the face vents when on coldest setting should be around the 5'c

6. Chrispy Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Chris Nottinghamshire
    Let us know how you get on :Smile:

7. yam yam Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

yam yam

Fault cured guys, along with a lot of other things lol. I've had the air con regassed by a mobile guy and its all sorted, same temp out of all vents. He could'nt give me a temperature reading cus i was replacing my flywheel and cracked exhaust manifold at the time along with anti roll bar bush's, and a anti roll bar link (had slight play) and the large bottom suspension compliance bushes on both sides. No knocks from anywhere now lol. Thought whilst it was all out it would be easy to change. Im having two new front tyres fitted on tuesday from black circle tyres and the tracking done aswell. I've opted for Bridgestone Ecopia EP001S. They have "A" ratings for wet weather and fuel economy, and only 70db for road noise which is quite low. Will be like a new car to drive lol.
    Many thanks to Dave for his successful suggestion.

DeviateDefiant likes this.