HVAC Heating system

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Old Cruiser, Thursday 6th Nov, 2014.

1. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    Does anyone know if it's normal for the centre face level vents not to blow warm air when AC is ON and in Auto mode, only way I could get these to blow was to manually set it to that position.
    Cheers Pete

2. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    My understanding is that when on Auto, it blows out of all vents, although gently, leaks the air through as such, at least it does in mine

3. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    My Civc behaves like this when AC is set to Auto, so I think it's normal.

4. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    This is what I thought it should do also ; the side vents were blowing ok etc. just expected the same speed of airflow through those centre face level vents!
    Cheers Pete
    - - - Updated - - -
    Funny you should say about the Civic, my last car was a 2004 Type-S , but for the life of me I can't remember how that behaved, must be my age! What a state to get into eh!LOL
    Cheers Pete

5. Nighthawk Guest

Bearing in mind the accord is one of the luxury models, the last thing you would want is the air ruffling what hair I have left and blowing straight into your face. A subtle draft of air coming through them is far more appealing I think. It sounds normal to me mate, don't worry about it.

6. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    I think it's also to limit the amount of 'dry' air that blows onto your eyes - I read this somewhere a while back when inquiring about the same 'issue' on a previous car.

7. Nighthawk Guest

That actually makes more sense - dry eyes tire more easily and focus less quickly

8. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I think that's normal, and not a fault.

9. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    Thanks for the replies Guys, makes sense what you're saying about the dry eyes bit, never thought of that!
    Cheers Pete

Nighthawk likes this.
  10. Nighthawk Guest

btw, can't wait to see some more pictures of her when you get a chance

11. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    Will do mate, got a couple more sitting around somewhere!
    Cheers Pete

12. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    Found a couple more photos, other thing I meant to mention is how the cold weather affects the heating control knobs i.e. when it's freezing as it was this morning the driver's heating control knob loses the notches if you see what I mean and as it warms up in the cabin they return, strangely enough an '07 plate Mazda 6 I had a couple of years back used to do exactly the same thing, all made for japan and their climate I think!!LOL
    honda3_zps92e42565. honda2_zps47d13fce.

13. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I'm sure it's a design feature of auto mode, my Accord and the CR-V are both the same. I'm sure it's because hot air rises therefore by coming out the bottom vents will provide a more even distribution of hot air in the cabin. Same goes for the cold air, when it needs to cool the car it will come out of the centre vents as the air will fall.

Old Cruiser likes this.
  14. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I agree, the Auto mode tries to circulate the air throughout the car and attain a uniform temperature.

Old Cruiser likes this.
  15. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    With mine even if the blowers are off I get a light breeze through all the vents, if it was on a hot setting before then the vents are subtlety blowing hot and visa versa. If you hit the button to circulate only within the cabin then it stops completely.

Old Cruiser likes this.