Introductions Hello All - My 1st Honda with special front end!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jaynemc, Monday 24th Sep, 2012.

1. Jaynemc Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hello Everybody,

I've just purchased my 1st ever Honda - 2005 Accord Tourer 2.0 i-VTEC Executive

One owner before me with FHSH and 50k miles and a very special front end - check it out ...

Accord1.

The car was a demonstrator for a Honda dealership in Birmingham for the first 6 months of its life hence they wanted to made it look different and it got a Sports Bumper (with grille and fog lights) from new.

I'm really enjoying driving this car its a peach and I just love the sound of that engine - I could never cross to the 'other side' and drive a diesel car! How could you ever say that sounds sweet??? I think I'm one of those petrol heads they talk about on Top Gear! This is my 21st vehicle since I passed my driving test (twas a few years ago ... its rude to ask!) but I will hang onto the Honda for a while.

Only issue to date has been a sticking rear brake caliper - have heard its a common thing on these - my local garage fitted me a recon caliper for £100 (cash) :Wink:

Look forward to using this forum as a valuable source of info and advice.

Bye for now & happy Honda motoring :OTT:

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Jaynemc and welcome to AOC .that front end look superb and that bumper is only on a dozen cars in the UK so well done in getting the car with one. It truly makes the car stand out among the others by a mile.

Please send me a PM with your address will get some club stickers out to you.

3. Jaynemc Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi,
    Thanks very much for your reply. How interesting that the Sports Bumper only went on a dozen cars in the UK. I have quite a rare car there then! I didn't go out with the intention of finding one that looked a bit different it just was the best one around for the money at the time and I didn't have to travel to the ends of the country! Also many thanks for the offer of a club sticker - my Tourer will carry that with pride. I will message you. Regards, Jayne.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The pre facelift sport bumper is Honda genuine accessories and it is not cheap, secondly that bumper was never painted from Honda you had to get it painted at the body shop.

Hence the extra faffing around and cost put a lot of people off, you were looking at 1500 pounds mark to get that fitted in its day!
    I have sent you a sticker if you need more please let me know I can drop some more in the post.The sticker will suite your car colour!

5. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello and welcome
    Like that front end a lot.I have something similar on my 8th Generation.

6. Jaynemc Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Zoran,

Thanks for your message. Did you get your car from new? Just wondered if you chose the front end as an option and how much it cost. I'm the 2nd owner of my car but IchibanAccord above says it would have cost around £1500 on my car at that time (2005).

Cheers, Jayne.

7. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No i bought it second hand from Honda with all the kit on it already fitted.Not sure about price but not cheap i presume.
    This is how mine look.
    IMAG0118.

8. Jaynemc Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Zoran,

Many thanks for the picture of your car - it looks great. Very similar front end to mine by the looks of it - even almost same colour cars as well.

Happy Honda motoring :Smile:

9. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome along that bumper does look v.smart!

10. Jon_G Guest

Hi and welcome!

11. Jaynemc Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Foks,

Many thanks for your replies - glad you like my Accord Tourer and its special front end arrangement!

V glad I found this Forum already it has been very useful to me. I have just booked to go and see Chris at Phoenix Close in Heywood (Manchester) as recommended on this Forum.

When I bought my car it had a sticking rear brake caliper. i had to get a recon fitted as freeing up the original did not work it imply seized on again. Even though my car has FHSH in its 7 years its never had the brake fluid changed so its going to see Chris for this and whilst we are at it the fluid in the clutch master cylinder as well. Also now the weather is cool + damp then the alternator belt is making a bit of noise so that's on his to do list as well.

Of course I will post details on the Forum of my little adverture.

Happy Honda motoring .... Jayne

12. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

:Wave: and Welcome along Jayne.

Don`t you just Love Blue on Honda.

Like the front grill makes my Type-S with it`s standard black grill look very ordinary.

Maybe a little project for me for next summer.

Good luck with your up coming trip hope you get all your problems sorted then all you need to do is sit back and enjoy the ride??? And in the Accord it will be very enjoyable.

13. classic_accord_coupe Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hi there i'd love a club sticker please..

14. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to AOC Jaynemc. Looking good :Thumbup: