Introductions Hello all newb to honda

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by daz2208, Sunday 23rd Aug, 2015.

1. daz2208 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom darren wolverhampton
    As title complete newb to Honda currently got 2003 Honda Civic sport 1.6 had it 5 days and im a bit concerned over power steering so please feel free to advise my esp light is not on it lights up when I key ignition/start car but goes straight out steering when stopped is light and eay when driving its tight and feels like I have to correct every turn (if you understand me) just don't feel right

Zebster likes this.
  2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

:welcome: to HK Darren.
    I'm sure the more technically-minded members will be able to help with your query.

3. daz2208 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

cheers nels I hope so thanks for the welcome

4. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    :welcome:

5. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Dear Lords of Honda Karma, forgive me if I am wrong but I would like to answer this query from the minimum knowledge that I posses.. If I have made a grave mistake and am completely wrong please feel free to correct. *fingers crossed*:dunce:

If there is a EPS light in dash that would mean its an electronic power steering. When I changed my 1st Generation Yaris to a 2nd Generation Jazz I found the electric power steering to be quite disorientating. As you mentioned, on slow speeds it very light and easy but weighs up nicely at speeds. Yaris's hydraulic power steering was a bit too over assisted. Now on to your observation regarding the lack of self centering .. it might be that the alignment is out but quite possibly its the difference between hydraulic and electric steering. Quite a few people who bought the Jazz too were in complete shock (I wasnt) and some people went as much further and had their racks replaced under warranty but now almost everyone I have spoken to say they simply get used to it. I guess the same applies to the Honda Civic.

Next gen cars had three step motors to add more feel. Maybe give it a bit of time and i am sure you will get used to it.

6. daz2208 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Again thanks for all the replies im kinda actually starting to enjoy the drive feel tightness its growing on me at a rapid rate so it seems im well pleased

legend-ary likes this.
  7. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
  8. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Welcome Darren!

9. daz2208 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cheers zebster

10. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to Honda Karma @daz2208

The EPS on the Civics does feel different and can get a little bit of getting use to. Glad to hear that your becoming accustomed to her now.

Just make sure you have the correct air pressures in the tyres as driving with EPS and low tyres pressures doesn't feel good at all :Smile:
    - - - Updated - - -
    Oh and BTW please do add your car to the club garage so we can all see her :Thumbup:

11. GSD2013 Premium Member Club Supporter

:Hey::welcome: HK is the place to be for all things :gohonda:

12. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    hello and welcome :Niceone:

13. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello:Bye:and:welcome:to:gohonda:Karma