Introductions Hello all....

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Busa1340r, Tuesday 28th Apr, 2015.

1. Busa1340r Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Yate
    My name is Andy and I've been an alcoholic now wait, wrong place.....just kidding....

I'll start again......Hi, my name is Andy. I found this forum whilst searching for a UK based Accord forum. Seems to be a bit of activity here so I might stick around. Have had several Civics over the years, but have just replaced by trusty old 04 plate 5dr Eu8 with a 55 plate Accord Tourer 2.0 Exec Auto for a bit of ageing gentleman plushness.

The wife is also a Honda fan, who is now on her third Gen 1 Jazz - this one a 57 plate Sport.

I spent a couple of years as a Tech in a Honda dealership in the mid nineties (goes all misty eyed....) so may be able to impart snippets of knowledge here and there. Was a Tech at various other garages too, from leaving school until 2004. Still keep my hand in with our own "fleet", but knowledge of anything post 04 gets a little hazier.

Looking forward to speaking with you guys and gals.

Cheers for now.
    Bones126 and Ichiban like this.
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Hi Andy, my name is Speedy and I've also been a Hondaholic for a very long time. I got hooked after buying my first ever car a '82 Civic... oh wait you said we weren't having one of those sessions !

Very warm welcome to Honda Karma Andy very pleased to see another ex Honda tech join up.

Look forward to interacting with you on the forum.

Stick all your Hondas in Club Garage sir when you get chance.
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Aye up Andy, Apologies if others haven't jumped in to say Hi :Hey:I have know Honda all my life and nothing else will come close so I can relate to the fantastic 90's for Honda.

Would love to see your cars, as for Busa well its the enemy but its quick.. :Innocent:
  4. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    Hello and welcome Andy, good to see you here and nice to see another bike in an Aviator :Smile:

Always good to have people hear with knowledge of Honda :Niceone:
  5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome to HK Andy. :welcome:
    Great to have another (ex) Honda Tech join.

We love all things Honda but also have a Off Topic Section where your experiences and knowledge on therapy for those that love the odd tipple will come in handy. I think there maybe just a few who you could help.:Innocent:
  6. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom
    Sorry I missed this Andy - Welcome to HK as others have already said, look forward to seeing and hearing more about your cars, as well as hearing your knowledge and experience as an ex Honda tech
  7. Busa1340r Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Yate
    Thankyou all for your kind welcome.:gohonda:

Just posted pics of my current ride in the Garage if anyone is interested ('55 Accord Tourer). Chopped the Civic in for it a week likey.......
    Nels likes this.
  8. Nels Moderator Staff Team

9. Busa1340r Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Yate
    Thanks Nels,

All good so far, motorway trip back from Brum to Brizzle was a breeze with Cruise and AC on (we have had a warm day or two recently I seem to remember)

Already done the colour I really the only one with a Deep Green Pearl motor? I thought it looked unusual, until I got off the M5 and saw one almost exactly the same coming towards me......guessing they are not members of this fine establishment?

I am the one and only....:Whistle:
    SpeedyGee and Nels like this.
  10. Nels Moderator Staff Team