Introductions Hello All

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mervyn4u2, Wednesday 13th Jul, 2016.

1. Mervyn4u2 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Merv Kent
    Have previously had toyota's but decided to take the plunge and am getting myself a Honda accord 2006 tourer, am really impressed with the forum
    Hopefully in time i can add some input to help someone else
    Merv

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

:Hey:Welcome @Mervyn4u2
    I look forward to seeing your Accord.

4. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello:Bye:and:welcome:to:gohonda:Karma
    Now that you are an active member please note that you are eligible to vote for the Honda of the Month and other awards to members

5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Welcome to HondaKarma @Mervyn4u2 :welcome:

:goodluck: with the Accord. Any questions just ask...

6. Mervyn4u2 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Merv Kent
    ok.. first question...
    should the brakes be quite high on the pedal or is it the fact i am used to toyota's only.. the ones on this tourer although they stop it seem a bit lower before they really bite
    Merv

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

A lot of people often neglect changing the brake fluid. This should be done every two years as brake fluid is hydroscopic (meaning it absorbs moisture).

Whenever I change cars one of the first jobs I do is strip and service all the brakes all the way round and do a brake fluid flush.

It sounds like your Accord needs this doing, brakes should feel firm and bite nicely.

Last edited: Saturday 16th Jul, 2016
  8. k20a3 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

A big welcome Merv :Thumbup:

9. Mervyn4u2 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Merv Kent
    Hi to you all.
    Many thanks for the replies. will attempt the brake bleeding exercise next week when i have use of a garage pit (getting to old to do other wise)
    Just been looking at price of parts like the HFC unit (yes my one has gone west) and its a bit scary..
    Do major parts fail that much or is it that you only hear when it goes wrong ? also is it worth touching the replacement screens that can replace the standard stereo in accord. Am thinking about the touch sensitive ones on aliexpress
    Merv

10. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

There's been some discussions on Facebook group about a replacement system which is suppose to be quite decent.

11. Mervyn4u2 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Merv Kent
    what group would i look for on there ??
    Merv

12. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

13. Mervyn4u2 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Merv Kent
    saw the one where the Box under existing radio had been cut to put in radio (if thats the one you mean)

are the koolertron and other make "honda" units with 8" screen naff then ??..
    Merv

14. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Aye yeah I think that was it but I wasn't all too impressed with it post install.