Introductions Hello all

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Doc, Saturday 24th Dec, 2011.

1. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Hi, my names Matt. I've been on accord forums for about a year now so maybe some of you may recognise me. I've already noticed some names round here I recognise already. :Smile:

I've got a 2008 7th Generation 2.2 I-CTDI with 18 inch storm alloys. Only mod so far is a rear view camera but I'm working on that.

Hope to contribute what I can and nice meeting you all.

2. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hi Doc, welcome to AOC, great to see you here.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Doc, Welcome to AOC hope you don't have any issues installing your camera. Which camera have you gone for is it a aftermarket or a OEM one?

4. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi Doc. Welcome to the forum. Don't suppose you've got a wrote up for your reverse camera you'd care to share???

5. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    I've gone for an after market camera which replaces one of the number plate lights, so I had to make my own adapter cable as well to go in the back of the DVD drive.

Unfortunately I didn't have a write up for it as I was using someone else's DIY guide to do mine.

6. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    replaces a number plate light?.....you may get problems at MOT time. by law, all the number plate must be lit.

7. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
  8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Nice one bud, how long did it take you to install it?

9. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome along Matt.

10. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    The camera took about 12 to 14 hours work to install in total over 3 days, not including making the adapter cable. I have heard of people doing it in an afternoon but I chose to take my time and made sure that the camera fitted nice so it looked factory rather than butchered, all the cable's were tied down well so they won't rattle or rub, and all the electrical joints were soldered and heat shrunk. I intend to keep the car for a few years so wanted it to look good and not need redoing at a later date because I rushed it the 1st time. I like my mods to look factory fit and as my car is black this camera looks virtually invisible.

11. Mr CL7 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Faz Kent
    Welcome along.

12. gedutism Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

welcome to the club