Aftermarket Kit Hello and query about towbar/electrics

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by gongoozler, Wednesday 26th Jun, 2013.

1. gongoozler Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi there,
    This is my first post and first Honda (59 reg CR-V diesel). I need to fit a towbar/electrics pretty pronto, after collecting the beast on Friday....dealer says he only fits Honda ones now after getting told off using a local fitter. Our local experts are Indespension, who are a national company. They are quoting much less than the dealer price. I have used them before over many years....any comments/advice?
    Thanks.

2. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

As long as it doesn't affect your warranty Indespension are a well known firm.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    First time I have heard of the company " Indespension"

4. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    If you decide to use the Honda dealer and your caravan has the Alko ATC fitted, you must ask them not to use the Honda wiring from the battery to pin 9 on a thirteen pin socket. Not sure which pin it is on the grey 7 S. Instead, tell them to take a direct feed from the battery using a 20 amp fuse. The Honda wiring goes via a smart relay to pin 9 and won't take more than 15 amps. If you haven't got ATC fitted, and never intend to have a caravan with it, then it doesn't matter, the Honda wiring will be fine.

5. gongoozler Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks Robbie,
    No chance of Alko ATC, I intend to buy and upgrade an 'older' style van, I really enjoyed converting a camper van, which I am now selling. Ichiban, I am surprised you have not heard of them, they have many branches and to my knowledge have been around for at least 30 years!