Introductions Hello everyone

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by 155695, Tuesday 9th Jun, 2015.

1. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Joined yesterday having just bought a new (EOL pre-registered by Honda UK) 2014 Special Edition Black CR-V at a very good price. Only 200 miles on the clock so far but very pleased with the vehicle and all its standard extras (apart from the external ones that I consider to be bling, e.g. 19" wheels with semi low profile tyres, running boards, rear spoiler, etc. but can live happily with them).

The only extra I had to pay for was the removable towbar which was fitted by the supplying dealer who also threw in gratis a set of OEM rubber mats for the front and a spare rear index plate for my trailer.

Additional items purchased for it so far are 17" Dezent RE Dark, rims fitted with Nokian WR SUV 3 225X60X17 103H XL winter tyres (these give me a running ratio of within 0.2% of the 19" set up, so shouldn't upset the speedo) and a NextBase 402G Professional dash cam.

I part exchanged my 4 year old manual Skoda Yeti 140 BHP 4X4 for the CR-V. The main reason for this was the fact that the Yeti being diesel really wasn't suited to my use profile of low mileage consisting very largely of shortish journeys, which I suspect would inevitably result in problems with the DPF, EGR valve, etc. I therefore wanted a petrol 4X4, auto, (I had the manual version of the Yeti because I just don't like the characteristics of the Haldex DSG auto box Skodas use). I also wanted something with a bit bigger cargo area and when I opened the boot of the CR-V which had its rear seats folded down exposing an absolutely cavernous space, my mind was made up.

Anyway, there we go and I'll see how I get on and I'll post some comparison thoughts of the 2 vehicles when I've done a few more miles in the CR-V.

New CRV 26-05-15 (2).JPG New CRV 26-05-15.JPG

Keith

FirstHonda likes this.
  2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome to HK Keith. :welcome:
    Congratulations on your CR-V. Please add her to the Club Garage and then you can use the Project Log to record what you do.
    Plenty of info on here, so have a good explore. If you have any questions, just ask. :Hey:

3. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Hello you!

4. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Welcome to HondaKarma Keith.

:welcome:

Good to see another 4th Generation petrol/auto CR-V owner. It isn't the quickest thing in the world, but plenty fast enough IMHO. Smooth and quiet too.

I had a VW Tiguan 4x4 diesel/dsg before, and I wasn't keen on the gearbox either - and that was before it went bang!

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to Honda Karma Keith :Hey:

Liking the Special Edition Black CR-V :Thumbup:

Stick her in the club garage sir.

6. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Thanks for the welcome messages. much appreciated.

FirstHonda - I agree with your comment about the speed, I would describe mine as "leisurely" but that suits me down to the ground and it drives very well. What do you get mileage wise out of yours. Currently I'm averaging around 30 (in Eco mode) which will hopefully improve when it loosens up a bit - I was hoping for mid to late 30's. Given my low mileage, I'm not too worried about consumption but they do advertise circa 38.

By the way, could someone point me in the direction of completing a signature line please.

Keith

7. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

At the moment, in Eco mode, I'm averaging 35mpg across my first 700 miles.

On the couple of longer, motorway, runs I've done it has been 40-42mpg which is more than acceptable.

The I-VTEC does shift a bit if you turn Eco "off" and drive it like a hire car...

:vtec:

8. Nels Moderator Staff Team

1 Hold the mouse pointer over your name
    2 Select Signature.

Signature.

9. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Nels - Thanks for that but I think I must be missing something here, when I click on my username a drop down box does appear entitled "Your Profile Page" with about 20 headings in it but it doesn't appear to mention "signature" anywhere.

10. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

11. Nels Moderator Staff Team

My error. Keep forgetting that there are a number of things only available when you reach Club Member level.

12. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Easily done @Nels, I had overlooked it too.

13. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Thanks for the explanations - in fact a signature of sorts appeared automatically after I put my car's details into the garage section, so that'll do me for now.

Keith

Nels likes this.
  14. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello:Bye:and:welcome:to:gohonda:Karma