Introductions Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Sbergno, Thursday 2nd Aug, 2012.

1. Sbergno New Member Getting Started

Norway
    I'm new here and would like to introduce myself.

I live in the North of Norway in a town called Tromsoe. I've had my car a 2007 Accord Tourer Sport I-CTDI for almost 4 years now.

I've only recently started to make myself more aquainted to the car as I'm building up on the miles the car has done. And with the miles some issues arise in terms of service.

Just recently had my Clutch and flywheel changed at about 87 000 miles. Clutch looked like new and pressure plate was not at the lowest setting. Still the clutch was slipping bad at around 2000 RPM in 4th and 5th

This looks like a really good community with lots of info and helpfull people. Allready had great help with my first question.

Stian

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome again. Was the flywheel free play inspected at the time of the clutch replacement and was the special tool to align the pressure plate and clutch plate used?

3. Sbergno New Member Getting Started

Norway
    Hello again,

Here in Norway we have to comply with parts prises and labour so stiff that I had to buy my clutch and flywheel via ebay for it to happen. Honda flywheels costs as much as 1500 GBP here + clutch 400 GBP and standard labour costs at 1300 GBP to total out at 3200 GBP. I found the clutch kit with LUK flywheel and orignial honda clutch/pressure plate/releasebearing for 479 GBP including freight and customs so went with the whole package. Since I allready bought the new flywheel I just told them to change both the clutch and flywheel. If I didn't have a flywheel present at the job and the flywheel was out of spec I was looking at an aditional 1500 GBP in cost.

I also used a well respected workshop who said they have experience with the SAC pressureplates from Luk or Sachs. Got a quote from them to do the job for 750 GBP. The tool the used or at least is meant to use for the allignment and pre setting of the adjuster spring for the pressure plate is LUK's own SAC tool.

I have yesterday asked the mecanic who did the job to clarify exactly what tools they used for the job just to ensure they did the procedure correct. I also know for a fact that they did not adjust the clutch pedal setting as I suspect it to be somewhat out of tune. I hope to get some time to check up on that this comming weekend using the guide that you have written up.

Thank you so far. I'll let you know how things pan out regarding the reply from the workshop and with the clutch pedal adjustment.

Regards

Stian

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Woah those price in Norway are Insane!! I don't blame you find a cheaper alternative source. I woulda think the cruise control switch is he culprit here.keep us posted bud.