Introductions Hello from a new member

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Texmexpol, Wednesday 13th Aug, 2014.

1. Texmexpol Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi everyone,

Hopefully, I'll soon be a CR-V owner. Been driving a 96 Civic for 12 years, and ready to upgrade to a taller vehicle. I'm quite sure I want the 05 or 06 CDTI, so I'm just shopping around for an honest deal. Not so easy, but I have time. The only thing I don't know yet is whether I want the leather seats or not. Both versions are available, but the ones I've been able to drive are the regular upholstery. The ones with leather seats are really too far away just for a test drive. If I drive 7 hours to see it, I want to be ready to buy it. My question: I'm 5 foot 3, so I don't take up the whole seat. Will I feel like I'm sliding down to the floorboard while driving? Maybe that sounds like a stupid question, but anyone that is my height should be able to sympathize with my situation. :Smile:

Any more input would be appreciated!!!
  2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome to HK Joe. :welcome:
    I have not driven an 05-06 CR-V with leathers, so cannot give you a definitive answer.
    However, for the last 20+ years my Accords have had leather seats and this has not been a problem.
    Since full leather is usually on the Ex spec, the drivers seat can be adjusted to deal with any possible slide.

As the other members log on, I'm sure you will get more answers to your question.

Hope you find the right CR-V for you. Please post some photos up in the Club Garage when you do.
    We also like it if you add an avatar to you profile. :Grin:
  3. Texmexpol Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks Nels for your reply. I'm aware of the avatar request. Never used one, never even did much on a forum, but I'll come up with sth. Thanks again.
    Nels likes this.
  4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

No problem. The CR-V is a great car. It is on my shortlist when I change next. :Niceone:
  5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Now that is an eye-catching avatar. :Happy:
    Ichiban likes this.
  6. Texmexpol Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I thought it might get a reaction from you Brits! :Hey:
  7. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Little things please us. :gotcha: (Well me at least)
    Unique avatars make it easier to recognise members faster and, it's a little fun too. :Drinks:
  8. Texmexpol Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I thought it was cool since it has the addition of the white/red (Poland's flag), which is where I live.
    Nels likes this.
  9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to HondaKarma @Texmexpol Honda leather seats are amongst the most comfortable seats I have personally used. As a driver they hug you well and I've never had any issue with sliding.
  10. Texmexpol Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the info. I'll keep everyone posted.
  11. Texmexpol Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

By the way, thanks to TheDarkKnight for directing me to this forum!
    SpeedyGee and Chunkylover53 like this.
  12. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome to HK Joe. :welcome:

I've had Hondas with leather seats for 5 years now and wouldn't go back to cloth to be honest.
  13. Texmexpol Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well, maybe I'll give one a try. If only it wasn't 5 hours away! Or I could just wait and hope sth will turn up closer to home. Thanks for your input.
  14. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No problems. :Thumbup: Have a look and see what you think Joe.

Leather is easy to clean and look after as well. Every 6th months I do a leather treatment which keeps it from drying out. Yes the leather will still crease but in some ways these creases add to its appearance. As upholsterers say, leather wears in, cloth wears out.
  15. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome Joe. Just a little bit of information for you I have a HR-V with full leather and my wife is 5'3" and has no problem with them and they only have a basic back and forward movement and same for the back rest but she's fine and likes them more than the seats in the Type-S Accord. So I think you would be okay in the CR-V as they have more range of movement
    Nels likes this.
  16. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello and welcome along :Smile:
  17. Texmexpol Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks MickyB for the advice. I'll keep it in mind.
    MickyB likes this.