Daily Driver GavTS Accord SE

6th Generation (1997-2002) vehicle added by GavTS, Monday 5th Nov, 2012

1. GavTS Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Howdy all

Just picked up my first Honda, its an Accord 2002 1.8 SE, its quite high mileage @148K but still feels drum tight. Having never owned a Honda before I fairly impressed, the build quality is 2nd to none its the highest mileage car I've ever owned but it doesn't feel like it. I've had a fiat with 35K on the clock and it felt like is was on its last legs. But the Accord with 148K feels like it could do twice that.
    Its quite a strange spec, it has leather and A/C, I don't think the leather is original to the car as all the other leather models I've seen come with Climate Control and front fogs correct me if I'm wrong.

Overall the car is good condition bar the boot lid it has really bad lacquer peal and a previous owner tried to repair himself but I manage to source a new boot from a scrappy and its getting fitted this week, other than that I plan to fit front fogs, leather steering wheel and a Type-R gear knob. So be I may 1 or 2 stupid questions :Wink:
    This is the only picture I have, taken in on the Sallygap Co Wicklow, Ireland a truly epic driving road, a empty road that twists through the Wicklow mountains, if you are out in this part of the world it is well worth driving.
    View attachment 4521

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome to AOC Gav :Hey: nice looking car in a perfect backdrop.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to AOC GavTS and congrats on your first Honda, I can assure you it won't be your last :Smile:

When I was a student I bought a Honda Accord 2.0 litre Auto with 185,000 on the clock ! you won't beleive how well it drove, quiet as mouse, no creaks or noises from anywhere. Felt like it had just come out of a show room. I sold it on at 215,000 about two years later, it fetched almost the same money as what I had paid for a two years earlier !! It was still running and looking top notch :Wink:

Ichiban likes this.
  4. GavTS Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks, its a stunning road in fairness, empty, huge rises and falls, testing bends plus amazing views

Thanks for the welcome. That's exactly what the lads on Alfaowners said when I got my first AND LAST Alfa, I hope you're right :Wink: as I'm going to look at a HR-V this weekend for herself.

5. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello and welcome to AOC.

6. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hi Gav and welcome, you are right, the SE came with velour seats, it was the SE Executive that came with leather.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Gav already got the Honda fever. HR-V are cool never driven one going to collar Mick one of these days for a spin in his.

8. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome along fella, regular oil changes and a petrol Honda will go forever!

9. GavTS Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks lads. Oil change is planned for this Saturday a long with filters and plugs ( mini service basically ). The previous owner said it was done a couple of months ago but I always give my cars a quick service as soon as I get them. For the sake of €50-70 its excellent peace of mind.
    Not gonna bother flushing and changing the coolants just yet might leave until November when its starts getting cooler again fresh coolant is peace of mind for the winter.
    Other than the above I have a few small plans, leather steering wheel and gear stick and hopefully front fog lights.
    This has been my fifth car this year and I have no intentions of getting a sixth.

10. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    It's perfectly understandable that you didnt get another Alfa :Rolf:

Jaak Beentjes likes this.