Introductions Hello from Kent

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by kentlegend, Saturday 2nd Apr, 2016.

1. kentlegend Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Vasilis Kent
    Hello guys,

Yesterday I bought my first Honda. I got my self a Honda Legend and love it already.
    I had to change the front disks and pads, which was half a morning job and now works like a dream.
    I amazed how "cheap" the parts are from the Honda main dealer £200 all in pads and front disks. And other independed shops wanted £500 only for the disks! lol.

I bought the car from Leeds area and drove it down to Kent (I know with the bad brakes it was a nightmare) but I was amazed with the gadgets, lane assist and adaptive cruise control it literally drives it self :Smile: sound system good, on par with my Audi A6 Bose surround sound I had before.

I am working my way to the car to bring it back to a close to showroom condition :Smile: trying to remind my self of the 117.000 miles on the clock the same time lol.

Cheers
    Vasilis.

IMG_20160402_180716. IMG_20160402_180709. IMG_20160402_175417.
    - - - Updated - - -
    ignore the rubber mats, the normal colour mats are drying off....
    and next step is to deep clean and nutrition the leather.
    Previous owner was a heavvvyyyy smoker :Frown: :Frown: :Frown: :Frown:
    I cleaned the air-con with an STP treatment, and also the interior carpets etc, I have got rid of most of the smell.

FirstHonda, MickyB and legend-ary like this.
  2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Hello @kentlegend and welcome to Honda Karma. We are big fans of the KB1 and have a few owners who are quite active so will be able to help you in your quest. I must say the car looks in fabulous condition.

Will be interesting to know What made you choose the Legend and your views on the car

3. kentlegend Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

It will sound mad ... but I do change cars often.

I had a few "powerful cars previously" so I enjoyed them, however since I sold my Saab 93 Aero Convertible ('06) and bought my Audi A6 2.4 ('06) I lost that power I wanted... the car felt slow.
    I must say although the Audi was turning heads and many comments of how nice it looked (I had it lowered and 19" tinted windows etc., but nothing over the top, made the car look sporty and classy).
    I now had in my head I wanted more power and 4WD, I was searching the auctions etc the net ... and I got my self the 745i parked infront of the Legend. However althoguh a lovely powerful car etc... it is a bit too big to chuck around the corners, although it does have active antiroll bars it does go very nice and handles great. but again something was missing.
    I gave the 745 to my partner and I headed to look for a car again lol ... I ended up spotting the Legend up north and I had a price in my mind to bid up to, I ended up bidding to almost half the book price, it was provisional and the sellect accepted it. I was thrilled and the same time horryfied! lol thinking ... there must be something seriously wrong with the car.
    I went to collect it up north and drove the car back 290miles , the only thing that was wrong the front disks were severly warped. but other than that the car is in excellent shape.
    I had to wash the engine as it was full of mad and years of non cleanliness and now it is nice and clean.
    I called Honda yesterday got disks/pads and cabin filter and fit them all today.
    I am not that bothered about the fuel consumption or the running costs as this is my toy car and joy :Smile: will enter it to a couple of shows (BHP Show is around the corner) my daily commuter is a Toyota Prius so what I save from there goes to the Legend lol.

:Smile:

MickyB and legend-ary like this.
  4. kentlegend Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

By the way I will need some help, when I replaced the pads on the front. There were one pad retainer broken on each caliper. Do I need to order these from Honda? Also the instructions are a bit unclear? are they rivets? or screws?
    Is there a caliper piston repair kit as well? or is it worth better send them away to be refurbished? incl the sliders?

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to Honda Karma @kentlegend :Hey:

Oh my a KB1, I love these things, I'm only mildly jealous at your bargain priced one :Smile:

If you are going to keep this one for any length of time, check the service history for timing belt replacement, in case it's due/overdue.

Front pad retainers, they are Alan key head screws, have a look at this thread for more info Legend Front Brake Caliper Pad Retainer Broken (Bulletins & Advisories - )

Oh and please do add your lovely KB1 to the Club Garage FAQ #10: How do I add my vehicle to the Club Garage?

kentlegend likes this.
  6. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello:Bye:and:welcome:to:gohonda:Karma
    Now that you are an active member please note that you are eligible to vote for the Honda of the Month and other awards to members

kentlegend likes this.
  7. kentlegend Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thank you guys,

Oh yes this will be a keeper for a while.
    I have checked and the last service recorded at 73.ooo miles it said the word cambelt on it. I called the garage the stamp was to and asked them, they confirmed it was done in Sept 2012, so I am good for a couple of year or 30.000miles or so :Smile:

What about the caliper cylinder seals? I have googled around and I cannot seem to find anything regarding the KB1
    - - - Updated - - -
    Thank you guys,

Oh yes this will be a keeper for a while.
    I have checked and the last service recorded at 73.ooo miles it said the word cambelt on it. I called the garage the stamp was to and asked them, they confirmed it was done in Sept 2012, so I am good for a couple of year or 30.000miles or so :Smile:

What about the cylinder
    - - - Updated - - -
    ** I do not seem to be able to edit my posts (correct minor spelling)... or even delete them? am I looking in the wrong plase? :Smile:

8. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If you click the edit button at the bottom of your post it will bring up that post so you can make your changes.
    Once you have done that go to the bottom again and click on save changes that will then replace the old post with what you have edited.

9. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Welcome to HondaKarma @kentlegend :welcome:

Like everybody else, I'm jealous of your Legend...what a great car!

Good luck sorting the minor issues. What you need to do is create a garage thread, upload the photos you put on your original post, and then you can update as you work on her.

In terms of post editing, have a read of this thread. You will be able to edit once you have 25 posts.

Rank Titles and Premium Members (Announcement - )

As @MickyB said, if you haven't already done so, go and have a look at our monthly vote and get involved...:Smile:

Honda of the Month - March 2016 - Vote Now! | Page 3 (Announcement - )

10. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sorry my mistake I didn't realise you had to have that many posts to be able to edit. Then it's simple go and welcome 30 new members in the introduction threads and vote for Honda of the Month and bobs your uncle you can then edit your posts:Grin:

FirstHonda likes this.
  11. Nels Moderator Staff Team

:welcome: to Honda Karma @kentlegend
    Don't forget to add your KB1 to the Club Garage.

12. kentlegend Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thank you guys :Smile: I only got back from a friend who is a mechanic, we were looking at the car more in detail.
    We reinstalled the pads better and now slide freely and nicely. There was a bit of muck under the retainers, which is not there anymore :Wink: