Introductions Hello from me (and my name isn't Al)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by AlHarris, Thursday 5th Dec, 2013.

1. AlHarris Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

A quick hello from me as I've just bought myself a 2001 Accord Type-V 2.3i in blue with cream leather as my main road car (I have a toy for dry weather and track days, an RX8 fitted with a turbo-charged RX7FD3S 13B engine generating 400 BHP).

She'll spend most of her time travelling backwards and forwards on the [mostly motorway and dual carriageway] 35 mile each-way trip between my place in Redhill, Surrey, and my kids in SE London (long divorced dad story). I don't intend to change her much, which is in contrast to my RX8s where I've tried most things. I'll limit myself to upgrading the sat nav, probably by fitting a Nexus 7 tablet where the sat nav sits (I've just got one to fit into my RX8 but I want to do my Accord first), fitting a modern stereo (I love DAB radio) and doing whatever reliability mods are appropriate.

Although my current occupation has little relevance to cars, I used to be an engineer in the RAF and still love tinkering and doing my own maintenance.

I'm officially 'on sabbatical' as I was fed up with being on the work treadmill and wanted to spend what was left of my money before my ex-wife took it. My main interests are my 3 sons, my cars, my bikes (I have a Triumph TT600 road bike and a Triumph 675 ex-Superstock race bike for track fun), military history and generally doing all the things that I wanted to do but never had the time.

Ian

Ps Al isn't my name. The name belongs to a character from my main interest in military history, albeit not the one people normally use.

Edited with pics:
    P1010001-001. P1010002. P1010003. P1010005.

Edited with RX8 pics & spec: Turbonetics T72 Turbo, Custom Turbo Manifolds, RacingBeat Dual Resonated De-Cat Centre Pipe 3" Bore, HKS HI-Power Cat Back with Single 4" Exit & 3" Bore, APEX-I Power FC ECU, Custom Map, Custom CAI, RacingBeat Lite Weight Flywheel, Exedy Stage 2 Clutch, Greddy Front Mount Intercooler, Racing Radiator, Upgraded Fan Shroud, Greddy DumpValve, Tial 60mm External Wastegate, Custom Screamer Pipe, Battery relocated to boot, Fully Wrapped In Orange Sparkle except Roof & Boot Carbon Fibre, Seibon Vented Carbon Fibre Bonnet, Carbon Side Vents From Carbon In Motion, K-Office Eyelids From Carbon In Motion, Wind Deflectors, Black Diamond Front & Rear Brake Disks & Pads, Greddy Front & Rear Strut Braces, 18" OZ Racing Ultraleggera wheels with Eagle F1 tyres

522f985e911b7_1-001. Tiger_EngineBay-002.JPG 522f195125764_1-003.

Last edited: Friday 6th Dec, 2013
    SpeedyGee likes this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome along Ian great into .. You are a proper petrol head :Hey:Looking forward to see your bikes and RX8 and Type-V

3. Topper Harley Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Welcome along.

Picture's of the RX-8 please. Love those cars.

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome Ian
    Thats some collection of cars and bikes that you have.
    You must be having lot of fun with all of them.

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome aboard Ian. Nice toys and lots of project on the go, just what we love to see and hear about :Smile:

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I've considered doing this exact same thing with my 7th Generation, if you do go ahead, make sure to grab pics for us all. Perhaps if you're feeling adventurous, a lot of our more practical members make their own DIY guides for others in the community.

I too am quite a fan of the RX-8 (and RX-7 for that matter!)

Welcome to the club, it's already sounding like you'll fit right in :Thumbup:

7. AlHarris Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Guys, thanks, some pics & spec of RX8 added.
    I'll get photos of my Accord up tomorrow.

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  8. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Lovely to see another knowledgeable 6th Generation owner here, welcome :Hey: