Introductions Hello from Milton Keynes!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by tom clare, Thursday 26th Mar, 2015.

1. tom clare New Member Getting Started

hello all,
    I have just put a deposit down on a Honda FR-V (2005 1.7) and while looking around on the net, I came across this forum, and it looked worthwhile joining!

Quite excited about our new purchase, and look forward to picking it up next week after the pre purchase vehicle inspection.

I have been looking for a FR-V for weeks, and viewed 6! But with a budget of about 4k most I have seen have been trashed. The one I have settled for has some minor cosmetics, but I have come to expect that of a 10 year old family car. When I test drove it it drove sweet as a nut! Small blob of rust on bottom corner of drivers door, which I'm hoping can be sorted by a local panel beater.

Most FR-V's with alloys had been trashed, but this one has hub caps (desperately need replacing) "great" I thought much cheaper than refurbishing 4 alloy wheels, but actually I can't find ANY hub caps for sale online that will fit the FR-V. I've never come across hub caps that bolt onto the wheel before!! Does anybody know where I might find some? I will ask elsewhere on forum too.

Anyway, looking forward to happy motoring!
    Tom

2. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Welcome to HondaKarma, Tom :welcome:

Hope the FR-V turns out well for you. There are lots of helpful members on here who will try to help with any issues or questions you may have.

In terms of wheel trims, probably the best bet is to try breakers, although obviously they may be of variable quality too. I saw online that ASM have a couple of FR-Vs, one of which (a 2007) looks to have hub caps but hard to tell from the photos (they may be alloys) and they may also be damaged.

It may also be worth calling around a few local dealers - as you never know what old parts they have stored - and just keep an eye on eBay too I guess.

The other option would be to swap them for some alloys, if you can find some in good condition and not too expensive. Again, somebody on here will likely be able to tell you whether alloys from any other Honda models would fit.

Good luck!

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome Tom , great choice the FR-V please do upload pictures of the car in the garage when you get it.

4. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Welcome to HK Tom, look forward to seeing your FR-V when you get her next week

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to Honda Karma Tom :Smile:

FRVs are great little cars.

Look forward to seeing it when you get it next week.

6. Superman001 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom James Paisley
    Welcome, looking forward to seeing some pics when you get her.

7. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    Hello and welcome Tom, you will not be disappointed with the FR-V. I've had mine 6 months now and it's a great car to drive.
    Hope you have miles of fun in yours, be nice to see some pics when you get it.

Nighthawk likes this.
  8. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome to HK Tom. :welcome:
    We have an ever growing set of FR-V owners who I'm sure will be able to give you first hand advice.
    There are also some real Honda guru's too. :sage:

I've found that the more you put into the club, you get even more in return.
    Do let us know how you get on with your, soon to arrive, FR-V. :Hey:

9. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello Tom :welcome: to HK

Looking forward to seeing some picture of your FR-V and hearing more about it.

10. Galgo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Tom, welcome to HK!

11. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello:Bye:and:welcome:to :gohonda:Karma

12. RobsyUK Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Rob Milton Keynes
    Hello Tom and welcome.
    Great news I'm in mk too!!!
    I had never seen an FR-V before I went to a baby class and asked the teacher what her car was.

Now I've seen 8 in MK alone.

Do you want original wheel trims as experience with scrappies are most parts are crap.

If you see me rollin give us a wave :Smile:

Oh I had a budget of £7k and like yourself there's some really ropie and unrecorded crashed ones.
    I ended up paying £8.5k but so far it seems ok