Introductions Hello gents, can I ask for some advise please?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by TonyP, Friday 6th Jan, 2012.

1. TonyP Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Good evening gentlemen, can I ask for some advise please?

I have an Accord 2007 exec and I want to get my Ipod connected, dioes anyone have any suggestions please? Also where could I find advise and prefereably a nice simple video that shows me how to remove and fit something like an XCARLINK which seems to be a contender? There don't appear to be any existing threads concerning this query.
    Thank you in anticipation.
  2. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    welcome to the forum tonyp. the forum is young and there will be things that arnt talked about as yet but i am almost certain someone on here has fitted one. be sure to intruduce yourself buddy.
  3. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello Tony, depends what exec you have. Have you got sat nav or just the premium sound system? I have just the sound system with xcarlink fitted. It's actually quite an easy job. I'll try and do a write up of how to do it. You don't need to remove he system to do so.
  4. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome Tony and welcome to the forum.

Shame you're not nearer to me as I would have helped you fit one. As Rob says it is fairly easy and is a case of removing a few pieces of trim to gain access to a few hidden fixings. It took me about an hour the first time I did it and about 20 minutes when I removed it to sell my first Accord. I was lucky and that my second Accord had one already installed. If you can advise if you have sat nav etc I can try to put a guide together from memory for you. Once the summer comes I will do a how to on my car by taking it apart. Unfortunately the weather is against everyone at the moment with the wond and rain!
  5. TonyP Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks very much Paul, Rob and Beefy

Mine is the SatNav exec version with HFT etc. This is the more complex of the two systems I know. Do you know if anyone has been successful installing an XCARLINK into one like mine? I really appreciate all of the great advise, thank you for your help so far. Yes the weather is against doing anything out of doors at the moment, but it will be summer soon ;-)
    Incidentally Paul I am up with my family in Rotherham tomorrow visiting friends so I hope the sun shines on both of us!
    Kind regards
    Last edited: Friday 6th Jan, 2012
  6. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi Tony

My car is an EX with sat nav and hands free and has xcarlink installed (my first was the same). It seems quite a challenging job but not too complex. If you're passing Huddersfield let me know and call round. I can talk you through it and give you some hints and tips.
  7. TonyP Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the kind offer Paul
    Sadly I don't think that my wife would understand my leaving her, lovely offer though! My email address is XXXX (removed) maybe we can have a chat in a few days time if you let me know your number and I will give you mine.
    Thanks again for your offer of help.
    Kind regards
    Last edited by a moderator: Friday 6th Jan, 2012
  8. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi Tony. I've just edited your post to remove your email address, we don't usually put private information in public. I've sent you a pm (private message) with my contact details. Give me a call when you want.

9. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome to the site Tonyp.
  10. TonyP Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks Micky

Have a great weekend
  11. Mr CL7 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Faz Kent
    Welcome along mate
  12. TonyP Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the welcome Mr CL7
    Have a lovely evening
    Kind regards
  13. eternal422 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Tony and welcome. This is one of the reasons I have just joined this forum - wanting to do the exact same as you in adding an ipod link to my 2007 EX + NAV and HFT (so the same as your car) and needing some help and advice from those that have already done it. After lots of research on the web I'm looking at either the XCARLINK or the Dice - both seem to be similar and let you use the steering wheel controls.

I found this American site useful for details (with lots of pictures) of removing the trim to get access to the head unit : 2003-2006 Honda Accord iPod Installation. It's not a Sat Nav car like ours, but it looks quite similar to what we would need to do. I believe there's a spare CD Changer connection on the back of the head unit (even though there's already an in-dash CD changer) that you can plug these ipod adaptors into.

It sounds like others on here have done this mod and will have more details to help us!
  14. gedutism Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

welcome to the club