Introductions Hello Hello

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ianmcc, Sunday 4th Jan, 2015.

1. ianmcc New Member Getting Started

Had a 2012 honda accord 2.2 I-DTEC ES GT on lease for 2 years and instead of handing it back yesterday I bought it.
    Love the car and has a great spec that I couldn't match elsewhere with my budget.

So now that I own it, I'll be doing repairs and other bits n pieces myself .... with your help of course.

Nice to be here
    John Dickson likes this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome buddy, if you know the car and it been looked after why give it back :Thumbup:
  3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Hey @ianmcc, welcome to the club. Pop your girl in the club garage so we can all have a nosey :Smile:
  4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome to our club @ianmcc :welcome:
    Congratulations on now owning your EX GT.
    Will you be following the annual service schedule, or the SvRS?
    The most important thing to do with the I-DTEC is the oil and filter changes, ensuring you use the correct oil. Skimp on these and you will have problems.
  5. Superman001 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom James Paisley
    Welcome to the forum.
  6. ianmcc New Member Getting Started

Thanks for the advice :Niceone:
    Up to now I've been sticking to the annual service schedule, and with the 2 yr/25,000 mile service done a few weeks ago I should have plenty of time before the next service is due.
    I'll make sure the oil and filter changes are done to the correct spec
  7. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Most of us here would recommend oil/filter changes at 6000 miles.
  8. Superman001 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom James Paisley
    Yes petrol or diesel every 6-7k I would recommend changing the oil and filter.
    Nels likes this.
  9. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello @ianmcc welcome to HK :welcome:

My I-DTEC just had it's first oil and filter change recently and (like all Honda engines) it has loved the oil change so smooth. Not that it wasn't beforehand mind.

I'm on standard service intervals as I have a 5 year servicing plan. Not had any experience of SvRS on diesels but on petrols it requests an oil change every 7,500 miles (ish)

Everyone is right in saying 6,000miles is better for the engine it's just I'm too mechanically inept to have the confidence to do it myself :lol:

Only other thing to bear in mind is your better using decent, branded fuel if you can (I swear by Shell Fuelsave or ideally Nitro +) as this is better for the long term life of your DPF
  10. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello:Bye:and:welcome: to the club