Introductions Hello Honda Accord lovers

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by jake, Thursday 30th Aug, 2012.

1. jake New Member Getting Started

Harrow
    I am from Harrow, Middlesex and I own a 2006 Accord Type-S Saloon since from July 2010.

As a avid internet user, I just can't believe this website has slipped through the net all this time! No concern now that I am a Member ... :vtec:

Absolutley love my car however my car battery is giving my problems of late. Have decided to change the battery but I read elsewhere on the web that I have to wait 1 hour before reconnecting my new battery so that the ECU does not reboot!!?:Wassat: Can any Member shed any more light on this matter - it would of great help.

I have also read from a previous post on this website forum that will not need to re-enter my Sat Nav code... is this tried and tested?

Thanks you in advance for your assistance.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Jake Welcome to AOC

An hour for the ECU to reboot that a first. ECU do have NVRAM which is volatile memory power loss nornally means data loss in a couple of seconds.

There is no code on the 7th Generation for sat nav or radio and yes it is tried and tested procedure.

3. jake New Member Getting Started

Harrow
    Thanks Buddy. I feel soo much more relaxed now...

Ichiban likes this.
  4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello and welcome:Hey:

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Hi Jake, Welcome to AOC.

That's the first time I've heard of the one hour things as well and I've owned 7th gens for a good few years now.
    As CJ says nothing to worry about when swapping out the battery on the the 7th gens.

6. Jon_G Guest

Hi Jake and welcome. I have to agree with those above who say there's no problem in disconnecting then reconnecting the battery in your own time - I've done this several times!

7. jake New Member Getting Started

Harrow
    Thank you again to everyone for the reassurance. :Thumbup:
    bought battery last night and will change over this wknd