Pre-Purchase hello im new and need help/advice

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by tranceaddict78, Tuesday 6th Aug, 2013.

1. tranceaddict78 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ok so its on gumtree belfast its an 04 in white. Seeing as you guys are in the know and i have never had anythin other than vauxhalls id really appreciate it if someone could have a look at it and advise me on price/service/common problems or anything else
    I must mention that im after one in white,Type-R kit and in that shape!! So should i pay that bit more??
    Thank yous in advance guys.

Last edited: Tuesday 6th Aug, 2013
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Mate you need to be more specific here which Accord are you looking for 6th , 7th or 8th Generation?

3. tranceaddict78 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Its 2004 don't know what gen that is

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Can you post the link please. 2004 is 7th Generation but it never came in white..

5. tranceaddict78 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ill be honest i don't know how to post links, im using an S3.

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    So when your browsing in the S3, put your finger on the URL and hold it there a couple of seconds, you'll a menu bar appear at the top, press the copy icon (look like two sheets of paper), now switch to the AOC site or app whichever you are using and then hold down on where you want to past the URL. The same menu will appear, this time press the past icon and your done, link pasted. It's a lot easier than it sounds.

See this video

Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 22nd Feb, 2014
    Ichiban likes this.
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thank Speedy this is the sort of advice we should all be going to assist.

8. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

Northern Ireland Pete Belfast, UK
    This is what he is talking about

WHITE HONDA ACCORD ( GOLF AUDI EVO JETTA LEON BMW ) | Belfast | Gumtree

2004 Honda accord 2.2 ICTDI sport
    In ford frozen white With full Type-R kit
    And comes with twin power flow pipes and 19 AMG alloys car has a 110.000 miles with full honda history and two keys its MOT for 10 months car is like new in side and out
    First two see will buy
    £4500 o.n.o

View attachment 10938
    View attachment 10939
    View attachment 10940
    View attachment 10941
    View attachment 10942

9. tranceaddict78 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes indeed this is it. As said above what are your thiughts/comments??
    Thanks Peter for helpjng me

10. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

Northern Ireland Pete Belfast, UK
    I personally don't trust cars like that.

It may be completely legit, but a cheap fibreglass bodykit (£240 off a gumtree seller in belfast) lowered on AMG replica wheels.

Firstly, the paintjob, paint is awfully expensive to do right, so why do it in Ford Frost White and not a Honda White? The actual finish would need to be seen in real life to see if its any good. I would dare say you will find pics of it on Jon44w. What was the reason for the paintjob? Is she HPI clear, again, you would need to see it with an eagle eye approach to ensure there was no unrecorded damage that was repaired.

AMG replica wheels - most likely 5x112 PCD so will be fitted with wobble bolts. That may be fine for the stanced and dub crowd who can't drive anywhere other than their local car park of an evening, but our roads are in such a state that I would be wanting 5x114 wheel and proper wheel nuts on there.

History seems good, would be worth checking out to make sure it is legit. Donnelly Honda should be able to assist there.

Lowered - how is it lowered? Judging by most cars here with the same outward appearance it has lost a few coils off its springs since arriving in on the boat from England.

110k Miles, right about the time it is going to need wheel bearings, bushes, droplinks, and pretty much every other suspension component. Even more so if it is fitted with coilovers which will give the rest of the components a harder life.

Lastly £4500 - about £2k more than cars with similar mileage and specs on ebay. i don't think a cheap paintjob and some AMG alloys make up the extra £2k in my opinion. I would rather buy a bone stock original car thats HPI clear and totally legit for much less money.

I can't help but think it's just another English fleet car from an auction, a few miles knocked off the clock, damage repaired and a quick blow over carried out then being punted on for profit.

I may of course be completely wrong about all of the above but that is down to you to go and see it and make the judgement call upon viewing.

For me personally, tyres tell a lot about a car. Cheap crappy remoulds or die-young slidefinders show the owner doesnt want to spend any money on maintenance and has probably cut corners elsewhere. But arrive to a car with a nice set of Pirelli's, Michelins, etc and they will also have cared about its servicing and day-to-day treatment of the vehicle. not only that, they should be matching pairs if not all the same brand/model. Throwing a random tyre onto one corner shows me that person couldn't give a toss about how the car actually functions, just that it gets them from A to B without costing them anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Go for this instead

$(KGrHqZHJB!FH6NrroV3BS!WPIbDww~~48_80.JPG
    http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/honda-accord-euro-r-CL7/1027778934

11. tranceaddict78 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Do any of this gen come inwhite?? How much would it cost for a Type-R kit?? Where would i get one...and a suspension kit??
    Im just trying to sus all this out as i don't want to blend in with every other standard car on the road,ya know

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    sorry your post have been lost mate..

13. tranceaddict78 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

What do youean lost? How come?

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014