Introductions Hello, new member with 2004 i-CTDi Accord (with CarPC) :)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Dimitar Dinchev, Saturday 24th Nov, 2012.

1. Dimitar Dinchev Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Bulgaria Sofia
    Hey guys,

I started a topic to present myself, but after editing it, there was some weird issue.

So, hello from Bulgaria!

For the past two and a half years I have had a 2004 Accord, I've driven it for 60 000 km so far and I intend to drive it a lot more, being so wonderful :Smile:

The car is with factory nav but there are no maps for Bulgaria and me being a software developer, unable to put up with that. I put a Car PC using GA-NET+ controller that made it possible to use the touchscreen and console/wheel buttons to control the computer. Few pics here:

uGVLI.

On the side - I also develop (in my free time, as a completely free/educational/hobby project) a system to track car expenses called CarSpending. I hope the moderators will allow me to present it in the "off-topic" section and not threat it as SPAM, as it really is a free website that will ALWAYS stay free. It is intended to help drivers, like me :Smile:

Check my Honda stats over there:
    Honda Accord i-CTDi Executive

Also being active in the Bulgarian Honda community, many other Honda fans are using it as well:
    Honda Accord @ CarSpending

If you intend to check it out, make sure you switch to "UK" region from the top menu - the site is localized (miles for distance, imperial miles per gallon for consumption, GBP for money, etc) but I don't have many UK users yet :Frown:

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Hi Dimitar, welcome to AOC.

I too have a CarPC but unlike yourself didnt "cheat" and use a GA-Net+ device I connected directly to the Sat Nav screen by figuring out the cars wiring. :Smile:

4. Dimitar Dinchev Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Bulgaria Sofia
    Hey, guys. Thanks for the welcoming :Smile:

SpeedyGee, have you posted some details about you CarPC somewhere? The video interface is probably rather easy to handle, at least compared to the electronics needed to handle the touchscreen, buttons and joystick functionality. This was the main reason I went for GA-NET+, instead of pure separate screen CarPC. GA-NET+ gives the ability to map the console and wheel buttons to start applications, change songs, etc. I'd love to see what you've done!

5. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello Dimitar and welcome to AOC.

6. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hi Dimi and welcome. Great job you've done there with the console.

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    When I put my CarPC in a few years ago GA-Net+ was still in its infancy and as I didn't need the touchscreen functionality I went ahead an implemented my CarPC without it.

Unfortunately I had a problem with the PC a few months back and took it out to sort the issue out .. it's currently still out of the car as I haven't had time to check it out Lol

I plan to sort it out it during the Christmas break and put it back in the car. I'll create a thread for it then.