Introductions Hello there. Another FR-V to add to the Honda Karma family

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by FR-V_Knight, Wednesday 10th Feb, 2016.

1. FR-V_Knight Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom FRVKnight London
    Hello All,

I added my 2009 Honda FR-V to the garage earlier.

Great car for the family, although the kids do have a competition on who will sit in the front. The 3 seats idea is a good one.

It's beyond me why Honda UK pulled out of the MPV market. As since the Stream and FR-V we have not had any addition to the range to cater for this gap.

We have other Honda's within the family and they are wonderful cars to drive.

Also this looks to be a wonderful forum, I just wish I had found it earlier.

Ichiban, FirstHonda and Bones126 like this.
  2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Hello @FR-V_Knight and welcome to HK.
    Many of us ponder over the exact same thing as to why Honda abandoned the MPV and saloon market...

FirstHonda likes this.
  3. FR-V_Knight Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

@legend-ary its good to know that I am not the only one that feels that way.

I for one would not think twice to buy another Honda MPV if they released one tomorrow.

It would be nice to have a newer model with the gadgets the current Civic has!

4. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

You can see that a lot of Accord owners switched to CR-V however many of them jumped ship and went Mazda 6's way. There isn't a 6 / 7 seat car in Honda's line up which is baffling.. lets just hope their new EU strategy involves some common sense

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to Honda Karma @FR-V_Knight :Hey:

I doubt any 8th Generation owner would find a Mazda 6 to be anything as close to the Accord for fit and finish. Maybe they went to Lexus

6. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

If they went for Toyota/Lexus that would actually be worse but Mazda 6 was one car that kept coming up as potentials when people were looking for advice.

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I know the new ones are better but after having 3 Mazda 6's myself, I personally would not go back to one.

8. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    Hello and welcome, asked myself the same question.

9. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Welcome to HondaKarma @FR-V_Knight :welcome:

Totally agree about Honda leaving the MPV market. Not to mention the sports car market (S2000), having nothing in the city car segment which is booming, no Accord replacement...sigh.

:brickwall:

10. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome to HK @FR-V_Knight
    The forum is as good as the members on board, so I'm looking forward to reading more about your FR-V...No pressure or anything :Grin:

11. FR-V_Knight Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Many thanks for everyones welcome. I am hoping the car keeps running without any problems. I have a few questions and will post them on the relevant section.

I unfortunately am no good at doing things myself so rely on the dealer and a friend to get things done. The most I have been brave to do was to replace the battery!

Ichiban likes this.
  12. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    welcome to the forum :Smile:

my FR-V was a lifesaver with 4 kids (Inc 1 toddler and 2 babies )) loads of space and even a full size boot for all the buggies, ,,,,,, or at least there was till I put an audio build in :Smile:

13. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello :Bye:and :welcome:to :gohonda:Karma.