Introductions Hello to everyone.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Timd, Friday 6th Jul, 2012.

1. Timd New Member Getting Started

Hello and good evening to all on this forum. I am the owner, for a week now, of a 2004 2.2i-CDTi Tourer. To say im happy with it would be an understatement. Although it has done quite a few miles it seems to be as smooth as silk although i found on the last MOT the the 2 rear lower anti-roll links will need to be replaced. Are these going to be expensive?

Thanks

Tim

2. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hi Tim and welcome, glad you are so pleased with the car.

ARB links are £95 each supplied and fitted by Honda.

Aftermarket might save a few quid but you get what you pay for.

3. Timd New Member Getting Started

Thanks for that. Previous car mas a Mazda Eunos Roadster 1st Generation so the Accord is like a Cruise Liner in comparison.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  5. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Hey Timd,

Welcome aboard, not a tough job and they are relatively cheap, I would go genuine though if I were you there is a massive difference in the after market stuff compared to Honda.

Welcome and hope you and your tourer have many happy miles together.. :Thumbup:

6. Nikonandmac Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Tim. Glad to have you with us.

7. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Timd,

Hows it going mate? Did you sort your rear links out, and how is the new motor getting on now you have had a little time to get to know each other :Smile:??

8. Timd New Member Getting Started

no not done them yet. however could anyone tell me how easy or hard it is to adjust the hand brake? cheers.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    There is two method one by the adjusters on the back of the central arm rest . If you look at the central arm rest there are two Phillip head screws remove them to get the rear cover off. You will see the two thread adjusters that will adjust the height of lever .Then jack the rear wheel up and rotate them if the wheels are binding you need to back off the lever adjustment until it does not bind. Remove the wheels remove the rubber grommet on the disc drum and using a flat head screwdriver to go in the clockwise motion to adjust , to slacken go the other way. You will find the sweet spot by playing around.