Introductions Hello! Will shortly be purchasing a 2003 Tourer!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Sam Clarke, Thursday 19th Jul, 2012.

1. Sam Clarke New Member Getting Started

Hi all!

Interested to get involved with the owners club as I will hopefully be purchasing a 2003 plate tourer.

The car i'm looking at has 140k on the clock which is quite alot, but i've heard great things about Hondas, is there any common problems i should be aware of? I did a quick google and found electronic tailgate issues, but is there anything else that might cost me a bomb down the line?

I've driven my partners mothers Accord Type-S and i love it!

Sam

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hey Sam Welcome to AOC if it a 2003 model I would say its a petrol car what engine have you gone for?

In the 7th Generation section and the article sections you have nearly all the info you need to get up to speed with your new car.if you get stuck just ask

3. Sam Clarke New Member Getting Started

I'm looking at the 2.0ltr petrol!

Within my current budget all the cars for sale as over 100k, but it seems if i just pay slightly more I can get one around 80-90, not sure if its worth taking the plunge or waiting!

Thanks, i'll check out that section.

Sam

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I had a 2.0 had done just over 100k and apart from routine servicing and one clutch it was faultless.

5. Sam Clarke New Member Getting Started

That's good to know, thanks!

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    My 2004 2.4 Accord Exec is on about 112K and going strong. Apart from regular servicing and set of new discs, I've haven't had to fix anything :Happy:

7. Sam Clarke New Member Getting Started

Thanks, that's put my mind at ease!

Does anyone know If you can install an iPod connector to the standard head unit?

This is very important! Haha.

8. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Wasnt my Accord but my petrol Civic vtis has 209k on it and has had nothing major apart from a clutch!!!!! Regular services petrol Hondas will go forever!

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Long time back I bought a 2nd Generation Accord 2.0 automatic, I got it when it already done 185K and sold on 215K. It still looked great and drove immaculately, very quiet and smooth.

10. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yes it is a brilliant car

11. BLUEONDA Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've been looking at this and you can get something called XCARLINK its a box that plugs straight into the socket under the stereo for the multi changer so you can play all your music through it and also still be able to use the steering wheel controls and stereo controls for your iphone/ipod ECT. Will be getting one myself but don't know how good they are. Also you pay a little extra and get the bluetooth connector with mike that goes through the car speakers. Maybe someone on here knows alot more about them?

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Alan have a look at this thread Xcarlink ipod Adaptor Install , we have a relationship with xcarlimk and if you need the discount code please ask :Wink:

13. BLUEONDA Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cool, i am DEF going to get one shortly, what sort of discount is it?

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    if you are planning to buy it I will give you a code which you use on checkout and get a x % of discount. every little helps.