Introductions Hello y'all

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by AytchTee, Tuesday 26th May, 2015.

1. AytchTee Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Sussex
    Was wandering the net looking for info and I found RogerH69's thread on his Type-S and here I am.

Have just recently aquired a 2005 Civic Type-S in Cosmic Grey, 55K miles, 2 previous owners. Quickie piccie:
    DSC_0298.JPG

DSC_0299.JPG

A replacement for my Audi A6 that went pop in a number of expensive ways all at once. I miss driving that old couch, but it's fun being back in a hatch again. Prior to this was a Leon FR with DSG and a Peugeot 306 Gti-6, so having something that corners again is nice :Wink:
    Family meant 5 doors and, as the missus put it, "No letters after its name, and it can't be fun to drive". Between you and me, I think I got one over on her :Wink:

I'll take this opportunity to say hi and apologise in advance for any daft questions I may well ask...

RogerH69 and Nighthawk like this.
  2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome to HK @AytchTee :welcome:

Pop your Civic in the Club Garage as this will also help us answer your questions.
    You will find a wealth of useful information and helpful members in our club.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to HondaKarma @AytchTee, that's a lovely clean exampled Type-S you've bought :Thumbup:

4. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Welcome to HK @AytchTee

@RogerH69 has taken his stock Type-S and done all sorts of mods to it as you have already read. Any plans for yours?

5. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    I'm always glad to see more Civics, and seeing one that looks exactly like mine is even better :Smile: (funnily, I ALSO came from an Audi to a Civic :Smile: )

This is the third car club type forum I joined while looking for a replacement car for my Audi, and the only one I really frequent anymore, due to how friendly, helpful and welcoming the people here are, so I'm sure you'll feel welcome here and don;t worry about daft questions - the gurus here are used to getting them from me :Grin:

Would be keen to hear if you have any plans for modifications / upgrades to your Civic (and more photos are always welcome)

FirstHonda, SpeedyGee and Nighthawk like this.
  6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

7. AytchTee Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Sussex
    Well, I'm all old and curmudgeony now, so mods are likely to be low key and hassle free. Some interior lighting changes (I notice some of you have the LED touch which looks an improvement), some improved ICE (the Audi 9 speaker system sort of spoiled me on that front) and may be an induction/exhaust. I may even attempt to do something with the red reflectors in the doors so that they are lit at night...

The induction kit is mainly because all the bolts holding the airbox cover in place are totally rotten, and need to come out, and the back box really needs to look more like the standard Type-R. I don't need to hear it from 9 miles away though...

After all that, if I get time to tinker it will be things like cleaning up the control arms, carriers, calipers etc. With 3 little ones, time is at a premium and the tinerking tends to be along the lines of things that will extend the life of something by making it better/cleaner etc.

I needed a an avatar for BattleField 3 and needed a suitably odd picture. I found one of a person wearing a squid outfit on a bus. This seemed odd enough to be unique, so there you go :Grin:

8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

9. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello :Bye:and :welcome:to:gohonda:Karma