Introductions hello

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by gary o, Sunday 2nd Nov, 2014.

1. gary o Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

grizzily south wales uk
    I am a new member seeking information on Honda's extended warranty offer on the CR-V I have a CR-V cdti 2007 and the air con has packed up according to information on the web this offer only includes petrol models can someone enlighten me as to the reason why or point me in the right direction as to get help sorting this problem out Honda are not admitting that they have a problem but in the states the threat of a law suit has changed there minds so the have extended the warranty by another three years I believe this is available in the uk but does not include diesels as the 2007 model has been found to be faulty they are aware of the problem any help out there

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome Gary I think you have already asked your question in another thread, There is not a lot you can do for GOGW can you enlightened us what is the problem on your car and how it happened.

3. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome to HK Gary. :welcome:

Sorry to hear about your aircon problem. If you can describe the problem a bit more someone may be able to help and advise.

4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome to HK Gary. :welcome:

5. gary o Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

grizzily south wales uk
    thank you for your welcome the air con on car was working fine but out of the blue it just started to blow warm so I thought it was time for a re gas when I took it to be re gassed the engineer said there was a problem in the compressor or pipes were not getting cold when he felt the compressor he said it does not seem to be working hence the diagnostic that the compressor had packed up this is when a went on line and found an article on the CR-V 07 model being diagnosed with a faulty compressor and that even though Honda knew they were keeping it under wraps as I suppose they did not want to be swamped with litigation after some owners had forked out thousands in repairs in the usa canda this has happened and they have recalled the o9/08/09/10 to have the part changed or face legal proceedings as there engineers did find the compressor faulty all though they say it is only the petrol model I believe that the same part is installed in the diesel model as well also that a relay needs replacing as the uk model has a tendency to take damp on board and a part designed for a Mitsubishi is a much better option to use the part number is available I entered this on usa site and it came up but was not available on uk site under that part number Honda also extended the warranty by a further three year to elevate this problem as Honda spares are priced ott I will contact lucas and replace it with one of there compressors with two year warranty the original question was does any one have or had this problem and did Honda sort it

6. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Are you sure the compressor is faulty?

Usually it's just the relay that goes, and if you replace it with a 37974 SDA A05 (that's from memory though) problem solved.

If the compressor does have a fault, you can replace various components rather than the whole thing. The Clutch pack for example.

As far as I'm aware there isn't a product update for CR-V aircon systems in the UK. (It wouldn't be a "recall" as aircon is not safety related).

Nels likes this.
  7. Gareth Hancox Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Garth
    Evening Guys
    I have the same CR-V on the same year and it was the relay as mentioned above on mine, around £20 from memory, now working spot on,

Nels likes this.
  8. gary o Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

grizzily south wales uk
    thanks men I will give that a try first

9. gary o Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

grizzily south wales uk
    well good news the information that you supplied has cured the problem rang Honda and asked how long a part would be as every time I've needed a part it has to be sent from
    Swindon the parts guy said we have this part in stock as we sell quit a few of them and it is the updated version made in Vietnam 24 quid the parts man said if left the clutch would disengage and that would be another problem but it took 5 mins removed and replaced and working straight away saving 500 just for the compressor

FirstHonda likes this.
  10. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Excellent news, the power of karma...:OTT:

Welcome along, hope you will continue to use the site for any future questions...:welcome:

11. Gareth Hancox Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Garth
    Glad it's sorted!

12. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Are you going to open a lawsuit on the garage that told you that it needed a compressor or the US website that gave you irrelevant information.

You see, before tarnishing someone's (in this case Honda) reputation, it's wise to actually find out what you're talking about.

Nighthawk, Chunkylover53 and Ichiban like this.
  13. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Glad you got your problem sorted...

My eyes and brain hurt from trying to make sense of those posts which have no punctuation or grammar...

Gave up halfway through

i-DSI likes this.
  14. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

:Grin::Grin::Grin:

i-DSI likes this.