Introductions Hello

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by J-Lancs, Tuesday 7th Apr, 2015.

1. J-Lancs New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Juwel Lancashire
    Hi All,

Well this is very excitiing, I have finally found a FR-V Forum! :Smile:

I own a '09 1.8 iV-Tec (R18a1) FR-V. So far So good but it's my first ever Honda. I hyail from the german side.. ;p
    Firstly i've found it to be very practical although i still am getting used to the driving/steering being a 'tall' car
    with a slightly wider and longer wheelbase.

I'm quite passionate about subtle engine Mods so if anyone knows of any please fire them this way.

As for now I just changed the Oil yesterday with some 0w-20 Fully Syn Oil. I need some spark plugs but don't quite know
    which ones to buy. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks guys .

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome to HK @J-Lancs :welcome:

We have a great group of FR-V owners on here. Take a look at their section in the Club Garage.
    If you add your car to the garage too, it will show on the bottom of your posts. That helps us to help you too. :Hey:

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to the forum @J-Lancs :Hey:

Would love to see your FR-V :garage:

For spark plugs you want some NGK IZFR6K-11S

If you hang about a bit (and participate) you'll soon qualify for discount from our club sponsor @Holdcroft Honda :Grin:
    - - - Updated - - -
    For engine mods, depends on what you are trying to achieve. For bigger gains you'd be into remap territory.

You could do the usual CAI and exhaust header mods though, free her up a bit and add some noise.

The R18 being low compression just loves a turbo being slapped on it ... did you say subtle .. I best shut up now :Devil:

4. J-Lancs New Member Getting Started

Please do feel Free to continue mate! loved reading all that although i did suggest subtle. :Tongue:
    I've just ordered some NGK Iridium Spark Plugs from Ebay as per your suggestion (Thanks for that).
    I've read about throttle body spacers producing BHP gains? if there's any truth to that.
    how would I go about CAI? is it just a K&N air filter or more ? and I really did not understand
    the exhaust header bit? I've been diesel past decade you see.

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Be careful about ordering things like spark plugs off ebay you may end with fakes.

Throttle body spacer gains I'm extremely dubious about.

Have a look at this for a example of CAI on an R18 engine DIY: Injen CAI install on R18 (lots of pics) - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum

The exhaust header usually means changing out the exhaust manifold for a better flowing one but on the R18 it appears it's already a single piece moulded onto the cylinder head. So you'd have look at modding from the cat onwards.

6. J-Lancs New Member Getting Started

Oh dear! Fakes??
    i bought these for £42.00 and the seller seems to have sold alot of them so i've tot my fingers crossed.
    link below of the product i bought: Ebay item no: 171439477956

thanks for the link mate.

i will get a few pics of my car and attempt to 'place the gar in the garage' tonight. :s

this is a new feature for an average forum user like myself but i do love the concept.

7. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello:Bye:and:welcome:to :gohonda:Karma