Introductions Hello

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Gaz172, Sunday 22nd Jul, 2012.

1. Gaz172 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hi Guys

I have had my accord a few months now (an upgrade from a clio 172 :Thumbup:)

IMAG0082.
    IMAG0081.

2.4 Executive manual, lots of service history :Smile:

Gaz

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome to AOC Gaz you got yourself a good car you will never go wrong with 2.4.

3. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hi Gaz and welcome, you're in the right place, we're big fans of the 2.4 here in AOC.

4. Gaz172 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cheers guys, got to admit the 2.4 is a good engine just wish it had more power lol

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It has sufficient power and I have found more than adequate to keep a lot of German cars at arms length. if you demand more my best advise sell up and get a Type-R or S2000 or another faster car for road use.

6. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome to the club mate. I had a clip 182 too. Nice car. I do prefer my Accord now though :Grin:

7. Gaz172 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Not keen on a S2000 a mate has one and i didnt like driving it - nice car tho. I'll get a quick 5 series in a few years when the M5 is affordable lol

8. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome Gaz, I always liked the look of the Renaultsport Clio's but my wife had one and after 4 years the wiring loom corroded and needed replacing so we left Renault as a result. So which do you prefer overall?

9. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Welcome on board

10. Gaz172 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

cheers guys for the warm welcome :Smile:

I did enjoy the clio but it wasnt reliable. It was a very clean example I had took me ages to find last of the 172 as I didnt like the 182 wheels & exhaust lol

I had the cambelt done (expensive on them) then there was an oil leak from the rocker cover (cambelt off, again!) and last straw was when the rear shocks went I couldn't be (removed) to replace so traded it in. i'd have the accord any day of the week no regrets getting rid of it

Gaz