Introductions Hello!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Karmadrome, Saturday 5th Sep, 2015.

1. Karmadrome Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Skip Woking
    Hello!
    I'm Karmadrome, I promise it's my PSN and online games name and has nothing to do with your website :Smile:
    (It's actually a Band reference) I brought a Non-VTEC on purpose.

I used to ride Honda bikes (preference for 400cc blades....) but an industrial accident ended that. Found myself with a 2011 Civic, hated it, then fell in love with it... Then started driving it harder, found a lot of issues and a lot of my problems where caused by all the software and sensors - which also realistically stuffed my chances of pushing the car further.

So I brought a 2014 CR-V as a daily and it's a really easy drive but it's not *fun* so I then went out and found a car in Kent, went to pick it up, got scared because here were loads of Astons in the garage and figured I was in the wrong place. I wasn't, I saw the car - instant connection with it... However it's far from disabled friendly and being kind of short, the previous owner had the car very much set up for him. I'm six and half foot tall. Hm.

We have moved the steering wheel, and replaced the sparco one and the massive spacers he had bolted onto it for a motor sports derived quick release hub and custom wheel. We have decided the Imola Cobra seat needs to go (lovely FIA regulation seat, but I have shoulders....) due to disability we have pulled together a camera system that won't add much weight as the cars pretty much perfectly balanced (3kg out on the front left)

Next comes modifying the Cage so I can get in and out of the car without the need for a thirty minute break and excessive lidocaine afterwards. Then it's dials and dash systems, more on that when the time comes.
    Then Its the dreaded gearbox modifications and clutch modifications and THEN I will be able to drive it (!) -oh and she needs a lick of paint internally.... And a dash.... Possibly carpet.... Oh and door cards.... Photos are from previous owner and before we started work on the car but it shows so,e of the points above quite well.

I hope to become a valued member of your community and will try my best not to annoy you all with questions.

Attached Files:

Zebster and FirstHonda like this.
  2. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Brett Bristol
    Welcome along fella

3. Karmadrome Premium Member Club Supporter

Thanks! Aha! Brizzle! I was worried I might be the only English face here >_< !

4. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Welcome to HondaKarma @Karmadrome :welcome:. That's one bright blue...:Grin:

^^Ask away, there are plenty of people here who are willing to help, that's what makes it such a useful and friendly forum. :GoodJob:

5. Karmadrome Premium Member Club Supporter

Ah, superb! Thank you for the warm welcome, I've looked at other forums and this one seemed to be the friendliest and most knowledgable. Blue is certainly Blue! I think the previous owner was going for spoon blue but used a Renault paint... It used to be white. Well, the body was, the roof was yellow (plug used was red by the looks of it) and the boot is a Perspex/fibre item, bonnet was black at some point... Hinz car but the engines original, which is what I was looking for. :facepalm:

As a side question, is it a bloody Honda rule that it will only be sunny when the owner is busy all day? I'm off to the Shere hillclimb in big Red today and it's the first day where the Suns been up so I can wheel blue out and clean that engine bay. Typical! :Pinch:

6. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    Hi and welcome to the forum :Smile:

7. Karmadrome Premium Member Club Supporter

Thanks!

8. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Welcome Skip!

9. Karmadrome Premium Member Club Supporter

Hoi! Glad to be here :Smile:

10. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello Skip :welcome: to HK

11. Karmadrome Premium Member Club Supporter

Hi there

(I'm slowly running out of greetings :shock:)

12. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    You should try being in our shoes !! Let me see which one should I go for ... ah yes .. "Welcome along old mukka ":Hey:

Karmadrome and legend-ary like this.
  13. Nels Moderator Staff Team

:welcome: to HK Skip. :Hey:

14. P11YLJ Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom sussex
    Welcome along.

15. Karmadrome Premium Member Club Supporter

And hello you too :Smile:
    - - - Updated - - -
    Or,

And Hello to you Two. Take your pick!