Introductions Hello

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Sming85, Wednesday 30th Mar, 2016.

1. Sming85 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Sming Newbury
    Hi, so after not having a Honda for over 4 years I've finally got myself another Civic and can't be more pleased with driving one again, I've just started modifying it and have joined the forum to ask if anyone has any experience with fox racing coilovers, I'm sure this isn't going to be the first question I ask and hope someone can shine a light on the coilovers for me, cheers, sming

FirstHonda likes this.
  2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

:welcome: to HK @Sming85
    Great to see your EJ9 in the Club Garage.
    I'm sure some one will be along soon to answer your coilovers question.

3. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello:Bye:and:welcome:to:gohonda:Karma
    Now that you are an active member please note that you are eligible to vote for the Honda of the Month and other awards to members

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to Honda Karma @Sming85 :Hey:

Sorry I don't know much about Fox Racing coil overs, hopefully someone else may.

Please do document your mods in the Project Log section of your Club Garage entry, so we can follow along :Smile:

5. BB Baboonface Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom James Chesterfield
    Hi there, and welcome.

Not sure what people with first hand experience have to say on those coilovers, they are at least dual perch design which means height adjustment does not affect spring rate.
    The listing i saw seems to require you reuse your existing upper mounts or purchase new ones (probably best to get new ones for an older vehicle)

From a personal standpoint i went a little up market and bought some with adjustable damping which can help in tuning handling characteristics and spring rebound. The other advantage is that there are spare parts available which is helpful as suspension is after all a sort of long term service item. With the state of our roads it can be handy to be able to get spares!

Worked out okay on cost too, put down a couple of hundred up front and paid the rest by finance interest free. Not sure if any of that is helpful, but maybe food for thought?

Sming85 and SpeedyGee like this.
  6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi and welcome to HK buddy.

7. Sming85 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Sming Newbury
    Great feed back bud, I think a bit more saving and getting coilovers with a bit more reviews is going to be the way to go

BB Baboonface likes this.
  8. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Welcome to HondaKarma @Sming85 :welcome:

We have a regular Honda of the Month vote on the site - voting for the March award is live now - so do keep a project log up to date with any modifications you do make, as it is primarily those that help decide who gets nominated.