General Hello

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by John Dickson, Tuesday 6th Sep, 2016.

1. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello everyone.

Sorry I haven't popped in for a bit but just thought I'd stop by and say hello.

How is everyone? Hope all is well.

A new Vertu Honda showroom has recently opened in Morpeth and I was cutting the grass the other day with my Izy thinking it would be nice to maybe own an Accord again one day... One of my Facebook friends must have read my mind as he posted this find near Skelton in Cleveland...

14080046_1654184971561712_3089781650599564058_n.

MickyB, exec and legend-ary like this.
  2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    I having double visions ;D wow!

John Dickson likes this.
  3. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Honda on Coopies Lane?? Where? I drove down it last night and didn't see it!

John Dickson likes this.
  4. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

They look amazing. :Wub: Hopefully just a clean and they will look great.
    - - - Updated - - -
    The bodyshop at Bristol Street Ford mate. Depending which direction you were going it's harder to see if your heading from the Choppington Road towards Mitsubishi etc.

5. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Now I didn't notice a Civic tourer on the grass which I did think was odd!

Neil at Newcastle Vertu was asking how your new car was?

John Dickson likes this.
  6. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I should probably pop in and see them but I thought it might not go down too well....

It's running grand thanks got 5,000 miles on but had notification of a recall for a software upgrade for the direct adaptive steering....wouldn't have happened with an Accord :Blushing:

exec likes this.
  7. Nels Moderator Staff Team

What a smashing brace of Accords! :Niceone:

John Dickson likes this.
  8. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    What a great find, such a shame there just sitting there? Love the number plate too.

John Dickson likes this.
  9. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

He's sent me a picture of an AeroDeck he's also spotted

14202650_1659476907699185_9205343241377443497_n.

legend-ary, Duc de Pommfrit and Nels like this.
  10. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Where is this wonderland where seemingly Hondas live in every hedge

John Dickson likes this.
  11. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It would be an amazing place to be ha ha.

All were at a place called Skelton in Cleveland in North Yorkshire.

12. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hiya John does this mean you are going to make some enquiries into these.
    Hope you are well and enjoying the Infiniti.
    I've lost the HR-V (nice BMW driver ) thought it would be nice to park in my boot. Pity I was stopped at traffic lights at the time.
    So now moved on to a 2nd Generation CR-V.

Last edited: Thursday 8th Sep, 2016
  13. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Hi @John Dickson

Some good finds there, sounds like you have an itch that you need to scratch...:Smile:

Hope your Infiniti continues to treat you well. I quite fancy the AWD Hybrid Q50 myself...but not for quite a while yet!

14. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Are these all abandoned? They all seem to be on private plates too.

15. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi Micky I'm grand thanks. How are you? Sorry to hear about the HR-V bloody BMW drivers! Bet they thought it wasn't their fault as well - it is their road after all! Hope you weren't hurt in the crash as it's a hell of a jolt even at low speeds when someone runs into the back of you.

I'm still enjoying the Infiniti but I feel envious whenever I see an Accord in traffic. It would be nice to own a Honda again even perhaps a classic like in the photos but not sure I've got the ability to take care of one properly. I'd have to extend my garage as well so it's not just the cost of the car to factor in. The garage was great for a Ford Popular (it was built in 1959) but newer cars and all the crap that seems to collect in garages mean it is too small for keeping anything but junk/tools/lawn mower/bike etc in.

Hope you're enjoying the CR-V
    - - - Updated - - -
    Hi @FirstHonda
    Yes it's amazing the cars that can be found just lying in someone's garage. It would be nice to have a Honda and I like the classics but it's my ability (or lack of) to care for one properly and lack of storage space that would be the problems.

Thanks the Infiniti is going well save for a recall for a software update on the Direct Adaptive Steering system. The control unit can receive an incorrect steering angle signal in certain start up conditions. I've noticed it when the stop-start has activated in traffic. When I release the footbrake (it's an automatic) the engine starts as it should but the steering wheel sometimes gives a kick to the right. The road wheels are pointing straight ahead but the system thinks they're pointing to the left so gives a little kick. I've not had a problem with it but they're worried that some people may think the car is going to veer to the right and therefore put left lock on.

I've never felt it's dangerous or unsafe but I'll get the update done and I suppose Infiniti have to cover themselves as well. The car drives perfectly otherwise.

The AWD Hybrid would be nice. They've just launched a 3.0 V6 twin turbo RWD! That will be a handful in the wet (and probably the dry) if people aren't used to RWD. My diesel breaks away in the wet if you're too generous with the right foot but it's predictable and progressive it doesn't break away suddenly like Capris for example. A mate used to love his Capris but in the wet every journey was sideways! ha ha
    - - - Updated - - -
    Hi @exec I'm no sure. The Aerodeck looks as if it's garaged but the two saloons just look like they're left outside to take their chances against the elements :Sobbing:

exec likes this.
  16. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I get an odd feeling in my guts when I look at photos of old Accords - a combination between posterity for the car and thinking wow, where have the years gone.

exec likes this.
  17. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just a touch of whiplash, shoulders damage to both and very tender around the sternum but it could have been worse luckily I had just taken the handbrake off and was about to move off when bang, the witness behind her told me she was travelling at around 40mph and the first time she slowed was when she hit me. Bloody prosecco drinkers !!!!
    Now it's a new era with the CR-V which is pretty good as the puppy was out growing the HR-V.

exec likes this.