Introductions Hello

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by rayhoop, Monday 27th Feb, 2012.

1. rayhoop Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Keerat Amersham
    Hey All,
    Just thought I'd say hi! Some of you may remember me from other Forums - honda/non-honda... I always use the same screen name!

Im back surfing the Accord forum - after many many trouble free miles... its coming to the time when I need to find out from/share info with the rest of the community to avoid any potential mis-haps and big bills!

See you all around!

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome Rayhoop I recall you good to see you here.

3. rayhoop Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Keerat Amersham
    Yeh its been a while! Accord has been happily pottering along.. not given me any reason to start frequenting the forums... whilst I'd love to be on the forums for the odd social, I'm finding time is just getting tighter and tighter these days :-(

I'm starting to get the signs of the clutch being on the way out @ 141k miles! So thought I'd start doing my homework before it dies, rather than being bent over a barrel when it happens!

4. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hi ray and welcome.

Another familiar name from the good old days!

At 141k the clutch has had a good innings for sure.

5. rayhoop Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Keerat Amersham
    Yup - its done damn well. Biting point is super high, but no 'in gear/acceleration' slipping... only a slight judder occasionally when moving off from stationary. Remember, from 2008-2010 I was clocking up a lot of miles on flowing A roads and Motorways, so the clutch saw very little 'in town' type driving. Mileage has been a bit more civilised since Summer 2010, but in turn a little more clutch action.

I really want to see this car through to 200k miles, and have faith it will get there without major mechanical incident... so I don't mind spending on getting the clutch/flywheel done, but I'm not one for false economies... so I need to figure out whether to hand over the cash to Honda (quotes have varied wildly...) or whether parts/service of sufficient quality is now available outside of the Honda dealership network (in the West London/Berkshire/Buckinghamshire/Bedfordshire/Hertfordshire areas).

6. Blue Guru Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Welcome buddy

7. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome along fella.

8. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello and welcome

9. rayhoop Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Keerat Amersham
    Cheers guys! I'm liking the set up of this forum :Smile: it works! Even on a smart phone! Some quality tech advice! Good work guys!

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thanks bud that the aim of AOC to promote our passion for all things Honda and in return none of this promoting ones own business.