Service & Maintenance help 2004 accord owners manual

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by simbac, Friday 12th Apr, 2013.

1. simbac Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Namibia
    Hie guys where can i download the owners manual for the honda accord 2004. im stranded

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    eBay buddy plenty of genuine OM what is it you are looking for ?

3. simbac Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Namibia
    i want to know how to use headlight washers,the air con is just blowing warm air even when the temperatures settings are put at Low below 18 degrees, using cruise etc. so much staff that i don't know on this new accord

4. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    My headlight washers work automatically when I use the front windscreen washers. You can tell from the amount of washing splashing up over the front over your car! lol I think they must be quite powerful although I'm sure they only operate under pressure and not from a motor.

The aircon may need recharged/serviced?

5. simbac Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Namibia
    Thanx mate will get the aircon looked into. Do you have any idea how to activate the security alarm on the accord,or it doesnt have???

6. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I think it sets automatically with the first locking stage, there should be a red light in the instrument panel which flashes when armed. There's two vent like things next to the reading lights in the roof which are part of the ultrasonic sensor system if you have it, I'm not sure if this is standard across the range or not. The manual says the security system activates after 15 seconds (or 25 seconds with the ultrasonic alarm activated).

On my car a second press of the locking button straight after the first activates the superlocking system. I think this disables the door locking tabs and boot latch. The manual says that if you have an ultrasonic sensor then using the key to unlock the car instead of the fob will set the alarm off - so you can do this to see if you have an ultrasonic sensor.

You could also try sitting in the car and locking it with the fob then waiting over 25 seconds before moving about to see if it sets off the alarm. Or, sit in the car and lock the car with just one push on the key fob. Then wait for over 15 seconds then try to open the door by pulling up the tab and opening it (don't superlock the car as it says trying the tab won't set the alarm off when in this state).

The only thing I'm not sure about is if you have a dog, won't the ultrasonic sensors go off? Perhaps they only activate with superlocking but would be good to hear from anyone who knows about this as I know on my Mondeo the first locking state didn't activate the ultrasonic sensors.

Ichiban likes this.
  7. simbac Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Namibia
    thanx arcticfire that was so helpful

- - - Updated - - -

yippee it worked the alarm system is working. thanx man you are a star. I have seen some cars which when you lock or unlock with a keyfob, they beep and also flash the lights in response to the signal. My accord only flashes lights when it locks , how do i make it beep as well because sometimes its hard to find the car in a parking which has a fleet of cars..?:GoodJob:

Last edited: Wednesday 17th Apr, 2013
  8. rhardley Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Rob Cheshire
    I originally found a really good PDF version, I should have favourited it at the time, but this is a reasonable PDF guide to the Honda Accord 2004 to keep you going while I try and find the other one.

https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/om/AC0404/AC0404MAINIXA.pdf

As a side note, I believe the headlamp washers will work automatically where you meet the following criteria..

a) Lights On.
    b) Wash your Window.

9. simbac Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Namibia
    Thanx man but i can only see the first page ,that is what was downloaded only. How can i view other pages

10. simbac Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Namibia
    just because i can't find an owners manual for the accord, i have got another question?? how do i close the view mirrors of my car as when im parking. i know it can close the mirrors because when i bought it i saw photos where they were closed. which buttons do i press, i can only adjust the mirrors using the knob at the drivers side door?

11. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Hi Simbac,
    You just need to click on the pagenumbers on that first page. Than that page starts loading. Works fine.
    You'll see you have a full manual with that link.

12. Boglost Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

If your model has power folding mirrors the push button switch at the side of the mirrors adjustment knob operates the mirror fold mechanism, a second press unfolds them.

13. simbac Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Namibia
    thanx I-DSI will try now but do you have any idea how i can close my view mirrors

14. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Hi mate,
    I checked the manual :Wink:. On page 89 and 99 the mirror buttons and functions are shown. No trace of power folding mirrors. Why do you think your model has this function?
    Boglost, in the manual, the switch next to the adjustment knob is for the heating function of the mirrors, not for power folding.

15. Boglost Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi I-DSI
    On my 2007 EX the heated mirrors come on with the heated rear window and the switch adjacent the adjustment knob folds the mirrors - obviously some changes have been made to 7th generation over the years. Sorry to cause confusion

16. djgoulty Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi I-DSI , I can't get any pages to load after clicking on the page numbers. Any advice as my manual is in Spanish and I battle to understand it all. Thanx