Electrical & Lights Help - Brake warning light

Discussion in '8th Generation (2006-2011)' started by Paulg1980, Monday 13th Jun, 2016.

1. Paulg1980 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Paul Doncaster
    Hello everyone,
    So I bought a 2006 Civic 1.8 i-VTEC ex around 2 weeks ago. I love the car and it is a joy to drive. I had a problem with the air con but this is being fixed Wednesday. Turns out I have a 1 inch stone that has smashed into the air con rad and become wedged inside it. The mechanic showed me and it has made a mess of it so new one going in. Sorry I digress.

The real reason I am here is a bit of a concern I have. When I start car from cold I get an (!) Symbol with check system underneath it on my dash. In manual this says it is to do with brake system. Now weird thing is it never comes on when driving or if I start car after the initial cold start of the day. I was going to replace my battery as I have read it could be that but does that sound likely?

Not very mechanical so any suggested checks before I go to garage would be grand. Everyone has been great since I joined and this is my first port of call when I have a problem as I know I can trust you all.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    It's the initial low voltage under cranking that puts a temporary fault in the ABS system. Getting your battery re-charged or replaced should stop it
    Paulg1980, legend-ary and SpeedyGee like this.
  3. Paulg1980 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Paul Doncaster
    Cheers Beefy much appreciated.