Electrical & Lights HELP From NZ - Navi 7th Generation Panel

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Londa, Thursday 10th Jan, 2013.

1. Londa Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Guys,

New to the forum, so excuse just jumping straight in.....I have just purchased a 2007 Accord Type-S Wagon, which is a Japanese import into New Zealand.

The Japanese Navi panel is already driving me nuts, apart from not being able to read the Japanese, if the system ever crashes here in NZ, the support is pretty much zero.
    So I am looking to change the system to a GA_Net+ with an in car PC & Centrafuse control system.

I am looking for a Navi Console that I can take the English buttons from. I don't care if the screen is broken or doesn't work, I am just after the English type set buttons. If you know or can put me on to someone (wrecker maybe) who may have removed theirs for what every reason and would be happy to part with the console or buttons, can you please let me know.

Cheers Dean

004 - Comp.
    Last edited by a moderator: Friday 11th Jan, 2013
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Hi Dean,

Welcome to AOC.

I've had a CarPC in my Accord, albiet without the GA_Net+ adaptor.

Have a look in the garage. You can see a pic of the centre console in there with the buttons is English.

My CarPC currently out of the car at the moment. need to find some time to fix the PC and get it back in the car.

I doubt you'll find someone selling just the buttons, you may have to get the whole unit ... or you could just learn Japanese :Smile:
  3. Londa Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi SpeedyGee - thanks for the welcome and you're the third person who said I should learn Japanese - I have trouble enough with English thanks ! :Unknown::Unknown:

i have asked around a few uk wreckers to see if they have a damaged one so I could get the buttons but no luck to date, might have to get some sort of sticker, but that will annoy me over time. Buying the full unit is expensive especially when i have one that works now.....so will keep looking....

I was hoping someone had removed a broken unit & replaced with a full new unit and still had the old one laying around, there was one on E-Bay but apparently it got stolen !!

o well search continues, cheers Dean
    Last edited: Thursday 10th Jan, 2013
  4. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hi Dean and Welcome.

Have a look on Ebay UK, thats a good starting place.

Beyond that there are quite a few Parts broker websites, you enter a request and then that is sent around several yards and they reply with prices, sites include:

The Parts Gateway: Find A Part

car parts | used car spares | scrap yards - 1st Choice Spares

Another option would be to get a fascia adapter and fit a double din satnav unit, Pioneer etc. Fascia adapters are on Ebay also.

All the best
  5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

I'm not sure you can replace the Honda Sat Nav on these to an after market one as the climate control functions are built into it.

Also Dean is planning on using the screen for his CarPC.
  6. Londa Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Apparently with the Centrafuse and the GA-Net+, it has an option to control the air con as well.....but I will be making sure BEFORE I go cutting anything.... see 1:49 in this

Most JDM buyers here get the dual control NZ new dash without Navi and swap it over, but I like to keep the function of the screen if possible ?
    Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 22nd Feb, 2014
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    London cracking looking car! is that a CM2 or a CM3 ?

CM3 with their AWD are epic another NZ guys showed me his undercarriage the rear differential was epic, if they had launched that car here I would have bought it.
  8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Dean, What Richsprint I think was saying was pull the whole unit out and replace with after market, to which I said was you can't do that.

The GA_Net+ works with the Honda Sat Nav unit, so if you bought that you wouldn't then go and rip the Sat Nav unit out.
  9. Londa Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

CM2, the CM3 is very rare here, I have only seen one, they are nice cars but with the other drive line I have heard they are not as efficient on the fuel side and if anything goes wrong with the drive in, it's major $$$$$.
    I went for the 2007 as the computer in 2007 changed chip set which allowed ECU programming directly without having a piggy back an engine ECU, so the unit should be able to be controlled by the Hondata Flash Pro.
    It does required a ECU change to a USD unit, but the wiring is supposed to be the same (fingers crossed).
    I do have a JR supercharger in my garage, but after more research the Honda auto trans is a weak link in the system and won't take any higher HP applications - so have to save the SC for a manual car in the future....
    So I am going to just put on header/exhaust, free up the intake and modify the VTC to allow 40 degree adjustment + a good tune, this should get me from the current 185 WHP to 210 - 220 WHP and about 30% more peak torque.
    So hopefully within the realms of the gear boxes strength but enough to make the car go a bit better, then sort out this Navi unit, 18" rims, good rubber a 25mm lowering all round, tints and I will be happy....now all I have to do it get the spend past the wife !!

Yes got what he was meaning, but your are right the air con controls are the issue and the CentraFuse hopefully address this, more home work required there though....
    There are full after market swaps out "made in china" ( Car DVD Player GPS for 7th Honda Accord 2003 07 Navigation iPod BT Control New | eBay )which I have heard some horror story about not working or only for a few weeks then dying, why doesn't china wake up and make gear that last instead of riping people off ? anyway, the all I need is the buttons, but I might have to do with pre-made stickers over the current buttons, as the CentreFuse allows you to assign the button functions, so might rearrange the whole thing anyway - we will see, I'll start another post on this for those who want to dive in....

Last edited: Friday 11th Jan, 2013
  10. Londa Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Another thing I forgot to ask, do the UK Accords have the upper readout display ? (see attached) or is this only a JDM thing ?
    AND I also found out I don't have a DVD drive for the Navi DVD, (see second picture) I have a hard drive HHD and a PC Card Reader, so I am going out today to see if I can get a memory adapter card/mem card, to see if it can be another storage location for MP3's. See - To Play a PC Card :: Playing a PC card (EX-L model with navigation system) :: Features :: Honda CR-V Owners Manual :: Honda CR-V :: HondaManuals.org
    And - Where is the navigation DVD? - Drive Accord Honda Forums

So much to do and play with !!

Attached Files:

11. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Hmm interesting that they replaced the DVD drive with HDD. I wonder if its less prone to failure.
  12. Londa Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Don't know, but it worries me when it comes time to reboot the system, how that is done.....called the local Honda dealer, waiting on a call back with some sort of answer....
  13. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Hey Londa, how are you ?

Just wondering if you got anywhere with your CarPC install ?
  14. Krishnan New Member Getting Started

Hi All,

Is there anyone sorted out the issue. I just bought a Honda Accord Euro 2006 Model Japanese imported. Having an same issue like you guys. My car does have the japan navi with PC card and HDD option, where i have tried to PCMCIA adapter with 2 GB SD card, which is not playing any MP3. That's secondary but the main issues are,

1. can't change the time, where i am following the option from internet videos and forums - I don't even get the options to change the time.

2. I am ready to change the whole navi system to English. Does anyone know where can i get this in New Zealand.

3. I like to have AUX port for the MP3 songs?

Can anyone please help me to solve my issues above. thanks in advance.

15. Krishnan New Member Getting Started

Hi Londa,

My car does have exactly same option as yours. Have you resolved your issues? Please advise me Please, that would be much appreciated and will save my time.